Thursday, July 7, 2016

The 4th of July and 38 weeks prego

Less than two weeks left until my due date :) I am mentally preparing to go two weeks over due. But we'll see when Baby Rose decides to make his appearance.

So what have I been doing with all my free time? Why nesting of course! My house is ready. I've cleaned, painted, and cleaned some more. I've bought just about everything I want before baby comes. I've been refreshing with my classes, books, and other resources getting ready for the big event. I've also been doing a lot of reading about caring for a new baby. I hope all my preparation helps.

For the 4th Justin and I went to Silverdale for the day. Jon and Laura joined us. We had a fantastic lunch with hamburgers and all the good sides. The weather wasn't great - kinda cold and cloudy all day. That night we drove down to the water to watch the fireworks. It was great to see so many going off across the water. Justin and I decided to spend the night so we didn't have to drive home late, and I was worried about how Jackson would react to the fireworks. Turns out he did great and didn't seem to mind them at all. Yeah puppy! Justin and I have done a few firework shows with his uncle - those experiences spoiled us! Other fireworks are lame to us after being up close to 10" mortars shooting off. But seeing the lights across the water was really pretty.

Justin made red, white, and blue cupcakes for the 4th. Aren't they pretty?


He's the coolest ;)

It is so fun having a dog. He is my companion all day! We go for long walks in the morning and afternoon. Mid-morning I let him inside with a bone and he chills near me with whatever I'm doing. He's enrolled in puppy manners class #2 which will start next week.
On our way to Silverdale

I love going on walks with my friend Heather. She and her husband Rafe came over for dinner last week and we played games with them.
 38 weeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment