Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Mom and Dad in Seattle

Last week was Judy's birthday. I took her out to lunch in Gig Harbor, and Justin decided to tag along as a surprise. We ate at a favorite Mexican place - it's nothing fancy, but I love their quesadilla! The birthday girl didn't want her picture taken while opening her gifts, so I had her take a picture of the two of us to document the day. After an ice cream cone we went our separate ways.
Jackson started puppy school "manners two" class last week. He's doing much much better! I take him on about a two-mile walk every morning and he's really getting loose-leash walking down. Before he would drag me and it was miserable for us both! 


Justin doing an exercise with Jackson during class - we're practicing commands in different positions to solidify his understanding.
On his back has always been one of his favorite positions...he looks like a bat!

Sunday Mom and Dad came up after attending Hudson's baby blessing. Sunday also marked 40 weeks for baby and me! I've assumed I'd go over my due date from the beginning because it's very typical for first-time moms, so now it's just the waiting game of when he decides to finally show up.
40 weeks
Sunday when Mom and Dad got here we had BBQ beef sliders and watermelon. We enjoyed hanging out on our porch until bedtime. 

Monday I got to spend the whole day with those two goobers. It was so fun! After a morning walk with Jackson and Mom, I navigated Dad into downtown Seattle where we parked and then walked around Pike's Place. I love the flowers the most - they are so beautiful and fragrant! We got some cherries to hold us over and walked to the ferry stations. We took the Bainbridge ferry which is about a 30-minute ferry ride one way. The weather did not cooperate like I had hoped (of course!) so it wasn't nearly as beautiful if, say, the sun was shining (when will it be summer?!?!), but it was fun. We saw a pod of dolphins right as we left the Seattle side - about 5-7 dolphins! 

I made them take a selfie with me - ha!
 Nearing Bainbridge Island

 We worked hard to get this shot!

 Mom had a cough and insisted on wearing her mask so as not to get me sick before having this baby - complete with disinfectant wipes!
Does my belly look huge or what?!
I'd say I was bummed Mom and Dad didn't get to see the baby, but I'm not! I'm glad he decided not to come so we could do this little trip instead. :) And I'm REALLY glad he decided not come come when we were up there (especially on the ferry)!

After the ferry ride we had fish and chip and the BEST clam chowder at Ivar's. Yum. Mom and I didn't finish our bread bowls so we fed the seagulls. I held out a really big piece of bread and a bird snatched it right out of my hand! Mom aimed to throw bread at some birds on the roof and it landed on a kid instead - ha! We were beat after that and headed home, thankfully beating all the traffic.

The rest of the afternoon we relaxed. I took Mom to the blackberry bushes across the street and we picked a few. We had fried rice and sweet and sour chicken for dinner, then wasted away the evening watching Survivor with our banana splits until bedtime. 

Mom and Dad left early this morning to beat the traffic. It was really fun to have them come see where we live! And now it's the waiting game :) Pregnancy month-by-month shots:
 12 weeks
 16 weeks
 18 weeks - pregnancy announcement
 20 weeks
 24 weeks
 28 weeks
32 weeks
 34 weeks
 36 weeks
 38 weeks
40 weeks

1 comment:

  1. How fun to get to show your folks around! You're absolutely right, 1st time babies take their sweet time. You are smart to plan that way from the beginning. I had no idea, and when Maggie went a full week over I was not a happy pregnant woman. :) ha! Can't wait for your little man! And totally cheering you on for a problem free labor! You are one amazing chica!

    ReplyDelete