Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cabinets Week One

This week has been all about our kitchen cabinet project. It is such a mess in our house and so much work! In the past week we've emptied, sanded down, and painted all the upper cabinets. It has taken a lot of patience. It has been fun and stressful at the same time as Justin and I learn to work with each other. But one week down and we are so excited about what it's looking like already! The dungeon is gone and I feel like I can breathe again! The white has emphasized all the natural light we get. Next week the goal is to finish the bottom cabinets. We also plan to paint the kitchen walls a new color so we don't have the whole thing white, and to rip out the linoleum floor and continue the laminate all the way through. Having a deadline certainly helps keep this project in its budgeted timeline. Here's to finishing in time for Easter Sunday!
















The past few weeks I've taught my students about seasons, moon phases, tides, and eclipses. In an eclipse, there's this thing called the Umbra which is the shadow of the Earth or Moon. I was mentioning how it reminds me of Rhianna's song "Umbrella." Of all my classes, my 5th period went along with my idea to do a music video teaching about eclipses. So Thursday instead of doing Jeopardy test review, my 5th period filmed a video of us singing to Rhianna's song but using lyrics I wrote about eclipses! It was so fun. I'm going to edit it so people can actually tell what we're singing and what's going on in the video, but I'm pretty proud.

Saturday Justin's parents came down for the day. They helped us paint which was major in meeting our goal for the week. We had lunch at Jon's and enjoyed being with them all for the day.

Here are some pictures/video of Jackson. We took him to the vet to get all his stuff checked out. The vet says he's going to be BIG. He is 4 months old and already 35 pounds! He is long and lean and has great big paws. We love him!






Tonight we have our "kickoff fireside" for youth conference. It's just a month away now so that's exciting. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment