Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Birthday and other Shenanigans

Well hello all! I had a great birthday week last week. Friday night Justin took me out to dinner. I got a half rack of ribs and mmm it was gooood. Saturday my young women had their last basketball game of the season. Sadly we did not make it to the championship game this year, but it was fun coaching them anyway. We spent that Saturday in Silverdale with Justin's parents and his brother Jon. I did some birthday shopping in Tacoma on the way up and we got Krispy Kreme doughnuts - yum! Sunday was my actual birthday, which was spent going to three hours of church and an additional Youth Conference meeting that night. Now that I'm 24 I feel like a real grown up! I don't know...something about being just a little bit older helps people take you more seriously. For my birthday Justin got me several "practical" gifts, a new board game we are excited about, and then I did birthday shopping which is my favorite. I got some maternity clothes and fancy hair stuff. I bought my first pair of maternity leggings - amazing!

I am loving this stage of pregnancy. Our little baby likes to kick me as I'm laying down to sleep at night, and usually kicks me awake in the morning. He/She stays pretty dormant throughout the day. Mitzi put it nicely when she came a few weeks ago - she said it's like I'm lulling the baby asleep with all the activity I do in the day, and then when I'm finally still it's like the baby wakes up and it's party time! Super fun. I'm 24 weeks along these days. Crazy town!

This week we have finished/are finishing the cabinets. We are getting our life back! And oh my goodness...these cabinets look AMAZING. Thank you "Fixer Upper" and Joanna Gaines for giving me the inspiration to paint my cabinets white - something I NEVER would have considered until I saw the many makeovers on T.V. I can't wait to post the finished product for you all! For now here is what we have so far.







I am so looking forward to deep cleaning my kitchen after this. I'll post the final pictures of our kitchen this weekend - we are hosting for Easter and they will be all pretty and done for the occasion. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment