Sunday, February 28, 2016

Half Way Baby!

Woohoo for being 20 weeks along! My students found out I was pregnant this week. I went on a field trip on Wednesday to the Washington History Museum in Tacoma. For whatever reason, I have a handful of girls that have been obsessed with me having a baby since way back in September. "You'd look so good with a baby bump!" They would say, and they'd bother me with, "When are you going to have a baby?" OMG 12 year olds are so nosy! Anyway, at the museum at lunch one of those girls came up to me, looked at my belly, and said, "Mrs. Rose - are you SURE you're not pregnant?" to which I replied, "Actually, I am." I was nonchalant about it which confused her and then all the kids were in uproar. All throughout the museum the news was spreading - "Mrs. Rose is PREGNANT!" It was funny. I'm glad I waited until the half-way point to tell them because it has post-poned the ridiculous question-asking that I've been avoiding.

  • "Wait, did you have sex?"
  • "How many times did you have to have sex to get pregnant?"
  • "Can I touch your belly?"
And now the ridiculous demands:
  • "Mrs. Rose, you are pregnant STOP RUNNING!"
One day last week one kid was being a particular jerk to me and it was amazing to watch about five of my "thug" kids - ones that usually give ME their sass - jump on his case and freak out on him:
  • "You need to stop being so disrespectful! You're stressing her out and THAT'S NOT GOOD FOR HER BABY!"
No complaints there. And then of course I'm getting these comments....
  • "Mrs. Rose, your legs are getting fatter too."
Great.

But I'm loving this stage of pregnancy. I haven't thrown up in almost two weeks, so I think that phase is over for now. I'm enjoying my baby bump until it gets too big. We can't believe we're half-way there. We bought a crib off craigslist last weekend, but other than that we haven't done anything else.

12 weeks pregnant pictures:

 I remember fitting into a pencil skirt...

16 weeks pregnant:




 20 weeks pregnant:





 Out-takes from our announcing session with Jackson - this was a process since we only had the timer on our camera to take the picture:


















just hold still pup!

Nailed it!
Friday night I went to a girl's night with a bunch of ladies for one of my friend's baby showers. It was less of a baby shower and more of a ladies night. We were there for hours talking about pregnancy and birth. One girl had us all laughing until we cried. It was a blast!

Our project right now is the kitchen cupboards...These have been bothering me since Christmas. We stained them dark and we agree that it's too dark. I feel like I'm in a dungeon. So we bought a sander yesterday and we are stripping them down for a retrial - this time we're going to paint them! And this time we've set a deadline for ourselves so we aren't sitting in project-mess for months. Fun fun.




2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love painted cabinets. Can't wait to see pics when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVE painted cabinets! HA!

    ReplyDelete