Sunday, April 8, 2012

Winter Semester is Over

Wow I made it through my 3rd semester of college! I can't believe I'm a sophomore in college....in the fall I'll officially be a junior in college! The heck?

Last week was pretty chill. Monday for FHE we made Easter eggs and planned on doing an Easter egg hunt but we ended up going to Kiwi Loco instead. I played ultimate frisbee that night and on the last catch I tore up my leg on the turf. Remember -- bad throws make epic catches!



Tuesday I played ultimate again and I worked on my final paper all day. I had a pancake party for my friends before we had to take all our mother-of-pearl final tests. I love doing this with all my friends, and the pancakes and *syrup* are so good.



Wednesday all day I was revising my paper and going back and forth from my work to the writing center. I think I wrote a pretty decent last paper, enough to keep my A where it's at. I saw a guy studying on campus in a hammock he set up which I thought was pretty funny.


I also studied a couple hours for my nutrition final and took that test. I finished that class with a 99.97% in the class -- huzzah!

Thursday came around and I had two finals out of five down. That morning I went to my friend David's house and he and I made breakfast and studied for our History and Philosophy of Education final that was scheduled for Friday at 2PM in the classroom. This took the majority of our day. We split the work in half and I was still there from 9AM to 3:30PM! After that I got to work packing up all my stuff. At 6:30 I took a frisbee break and ended up playing until 9:30. It was the best night of playing ever.

Friday morning I had an outfit picked out so I could be ready to go to the temple later that day and I woke up to a blizzard! This was practically unbelievable because the night before had been so nice. But I studied in the library from 8 to 12 and then took my Origins of the Universe, Earth, and Life final in the classroom from 12:15 to 1:45. Then I took my Education final which took until 3:30. Kelsey Montgomery and I checked out and hit the road. I drove her home and our car was PACKED!


I didn't do my white glove clean job because I wanted to get to Twin Falls on time and I just didn't have time for such nonsense. I'll probably get charged like $35 but, oh well.

I dropped Kelsey off in Rupert and then got to Twin Falls at around 7:20. They were totally willing to let me jump in with the group that was scheduled at 7, but when I walked back there they were already done so I missed out! I went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for the first time since I couldn't do the temple and hung out with Mitzi and Scott until everyone got back from their temple session. We played in the pool that night and I did my Doctrine and Covenants final. We had to write up a three page single-spaced paper answering three questions about D&C. It was due Friday at 11:55 PM and I submitted it at like 10:30. Phew! That was the end of my finals week.

I conference graded my research paper about BYU-Idaho and learning disabled students with my teacher last Friday and after I read it he said, "Kelsey, that's a good paper. And frankly, I agree with you." So I was thrilled! He asked me to send him a copy so he can show future classes what constitutes a good paper. Dang I feel so good about that.

For Conference I had my roommate and her friend Kordell over so that was fun. We played a lot of pool and board games in between sessions, and I love to show off the farm to my friends. Arco is such a goofy small town. What with the number hill and being the first city in the world lit by atomic power...it's pretty unique!





Well that's all my news. I'm hanging out in Rupert with my roommate Kelsey Montgomery for the weekend. I'm looking forward to this week being home without any responsibilities! Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment