Sunday, April 15, 2012

Break Between Semesters

Chase and I had the break between semesters last week. It felt good to sleep until I wanted, to eat Mom's good food, to not have to pick up after my messy roommates and to do whatever I wanted! Huzzah. I read Malcom Gladwell's book "Blink" which talked all about the decisions our subconscious makes which are critical decisions we don't even realize we make. Very interesting! I can't wait to pick up his bestseller "The Tipping Point." We read his other book "Outliers" in my English class last semester and it was very enjoyable as well. Who knew non-fiction could be so good? (Public display of my ignorance, I know. Insert laugh here.)

I tried to get into O'Reilly's books a little. I checked out "Pinheads and Patriots" and "The Factor" but I only got into "The Factor" and read only the chapters I can apply to my life now. I didn't get to look into "Pinheads and Patriots" but plan on returning to that one sometime. The thing I like about O'Reilly is he doesn't take anybody's crap! Whether I agree with what he has to say or not, at least he's ballsy about it.

Other than reading, I practiced the piano a lot. I like to go up to the church and play the grand piano there, but Mom heard someone complain that someone was playing "non-religious music" at the church and I want to be like, "Get a life! It doesn't have to be a hymn to be uplifting and I'm trying to improve my talents without disturbing my family so HA!" But I had fun playing piano when I did. My fingers have muscle memory which is fun because I can return to pieces I haven't played in years and play them quite well!

I ran four miles on Monday but that was all the exercising I did all week. It was nasty weather while I was home except for Monday and Tuesday, but I got to go to the falls for a dentist appointment on Thursday. No cavities! I went shopping and got a cute dress and skirt. I live in skirts in the spring. It gets so hot walking around campus during spring semester! Having some air on your legs helps a ton and I like skirts better anyway. So cute!

I headed back to Rexburg Saturday and played Ultimate for two hours when I got there. That night we started a movie but it ended up being a poor choice so we put Star Trek in instead. I LOVE that movie.

Today at church we had a huge group in sacrament. They had to bless the water twice to get everybody, and we had an excellent meeting. A cute guy I was chasing last semester spoke and it just make me fall in love with him more. He is so tall/dark/handsome/RIGHTEOUS!! I see stupid girls getting married to losers and I think, "You are messing up your life! Wait for the right guy to come around! It will be infinitely worth it!" But anyway... I missed my ward a lot just by missing one week. I love it!

Today Kelsey Montgomery and I are the only ones in our apartment and we love it! We're having Sunday dinner later which will be good... and then I just want to walk in the beautiful weather! I love it!

Classes start Tuesday and I feel like I'm going to die. My tuition is completely paid for because I've been able to hold onto a full ride scholarship, so that is a tremendous blessing. I'm so motivated to keep it as long as I can, and this semester will really be a test if I can do it. I'm taking some tough science classes so I'm really going to have to apply my faith in my studies...but that's what I've always done and I'm confident I can keep up the good work!

Well that's all my life has to offer for now. I think having a boyfriend would be just the cutest thing ever during spring semester, but I'm telling myself to calm down because I'm much too boy crazy for my own good, and I could become desperate which is the most unattractive trait a woman could possess. I told my FHE brother Joseph that "I see the good in everyone!" to explain my constant plethora of crushes... haha. But anyway--we'll see what happens with the boys this semester I guess! Peace


Fire in the backyard with Chase and Conrad


Shopping trip with my roommate!

No comments:

Post a Comment