Sunday, April 29, 2012

lab lab lab

Hello all! This week has been really good. I had my first chemistry, geology, and biology labs. Monday was one of the longest days of my life. I didn't get home until about 9 after being at school since 7:45. I had class until 12:30, then a chemistry lab from 12:45-2:45 where we measured the densities of water for two hours using all sorts of different tools. Then I had to figure out how precise and accurate my measurements were using standard deviation and percent change equations. It was so annoying.

We had our ward activity that night and met our new FHE brothers. We've got some cute ones, so that's fun, and then our ward played musical chairs and stuff so it was fun. I went at 6:20 to help set up, but NOTHING was set up; no chairs, no tables, not a thing. The activity was 10 minutes away so I started setting up tables all by myself until extra help came. After cleaning up for the activity I absolutely had to go grocery shopping so I did that and then I had homework to do so I spent my evening until 11 at the library. That was awful! But hopefully tomorrow's Monday won't be so awful. =]

Tuesday was another huge day. I got done with class at 8:45 and then I did homework until it was time for devotional. I can't remember what devotional was about but I remember I liked it a lot. After devotional I have a three hour geology lab from 3-6. That was hecka crazy. I didn't realize there was a ton of paperwork I was supposed to print off before the lab, but luckily my good friend Brett (who is also in that class and is my partner in the work we do) didn't have the papers either so I didn't feel too stupid. We spent the three hours identifying minerals. It took me longer than the three hours to finish the questions and stuff, but I actually kind of liked it. At the time I didn't like it, but looking back I am proud of myself! I got asked out by a guy in my ward that night and we planned on getting ice cream the next day. Holy crap guys I can't believe it -- I don't know what it is but lately the guys have been asking me out like crazy! Last semester I think I went on one date. In that past two weeks I've had like 8. The heck?

Wednesday is my easiest day of the week because I only have to do homework for chemistry and I don't have a lab, so I totally played frisbee that day, and I also went out for ice cream with the guy from my ward. Yes it was a great day. I also worked that day with a student at the Reading Center, so that was great!

Thursday I had my first anatomy lab where we talked about connective tissue. It was awesome! After that I met with a chemistry partner and we figured out a few final things for our lab we did, and then I went to work for a meeting. From there I worked on my lab some more, did chemistry homework, studied for geology and anatomy, and finally at 6:20 my laptop died so I decided it was time to go home. At 7 I had a date and we went to a show on campus called "Vocalendante" or something. It's a German group of five guys that sing A Capella and it was a great show! My favorite songs they sang were Easy and Footloose. So fun!

Friday I had class from 7:45 to 2:45. I had organ that day at 12:45 and this guy came in just on time and was like "I just got back from the temple. I didn't think I'd make it to class!" and I was like, "You just got back from the temple? You must be super righteous," and my class died laughing especially my teacher Sister Parkinson who is like 100 years old. It was funny. After class I decided I wanted to go to the temple, so I got my friend Lauren to go with me. We went to the Idaho Falls temple. She had never been to that temple before, and I figured we could do baptisms there at 4 unlike Rexburg, and it would be quicker if we went to I.F, did baptisms, and drove back then it would be to just go at the Rexburg temple on a Saturday morning. That night a group of friends and I made breakfast for dinner and watched Moneyball. I made crepes, a schmear to go on it with fresh strawberries and a mixture of frozen berries that I let thaw. The guys brought bacon and my friend Lauren made French toast. It was a feast! That was a good night.

Saturday I got up and went to the geology lab at 8 and practiced identifying minerals for an hour and a half. After that I went to a 4 on 4 tournament for frisbee and played from 10 to 2. That was awesome! My team won 3 and lost 2, and they fed us afterward so that was a great time. After that Lauren and I drove to Idaho Falls to meet Trisha, Mom, and Mom's family for lunch at Chuck-a-Rama. That was awesome! I forgot about the fireside afterward so Lauren and I just sort of took advantage of the hospitality of Mom paying for lunch....sorry Mom, but thanks! I really like Mom's family. One of her brothers (IDK who) came over and made an effort to talk to Lauren and I since there wasn't room for the two of us at the "adult" table...haha.

Today has been glorious. I love my ward so much! We had fast Sunday today and I am just happy as a clam. I can do anything good!! I can coach frisbee and work and be relief society president and take 15 science credits and ANYTHING good! If you haven't seen that youtube video then that won't make sense to you...but anyway--I'm headed to a pancake party. Thanks for making it through my post!

Breakfast for dinner! 

I think this is language from Lord of the Rings...it was on the board before my geology class. LOL


My team. The three in the middle had never played before, so to get 9th was awesome! The far right is a great handler.




No comments:

Post a Comment