Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"I'm not gonna say you look bad...."

I have time today to blog HUZZAH!

 Last week was the first week of school. I have a good schedule this semester. Chemistry, Anatomy, and Geology all have weekly labs that take 2-3 hours in the afternoon. Yesterday was my first chemistry lab. We measured water densities for 2 hours. It was barf-tastic.

I had a couple dates last week, so that was fun. I was sitting the library and this guy came over and sat by me. After a half hour he asked me to help him with something on his computer. I did and then he proceeded to talk to me and ask for my number. WOOT! I love when men are proactive. He and I went out to frozen yogurt and he hasn't talked to me since. But that was fun. I also went bowling with a friend from Boise, and I played racquetball with my friend Kordell. He and I also went to part of an organ concert and then ate a Little Caesar's pizza and walked all over Rexburg and talked. That was a lot of fun. We saw something crazy weird in the sky. It looked like a floating piece of fire and it was slowly moving north-east and then it disappeared. UFO? I think yes. Kordell was freaking out. "What the heck is that!!" he kept saying...lol.

My chemistry teacher annoys me. The point of taking the class is to LEARN how to do chemistry, not to be experts on the subject coming into the course. He makes us all feel completely incompetent when really it's him being an incompetent teacher. So that should be fun. My geology teacher is funny. Every time he spouts off his opinion about relationships between geology and other things (politics, religion, etc.) he always throws his tie over his shoulder. He's 39, so it's fun that he's Hart's age. My friend Brett Johnson is in that class with me, so that's also fun. My anatomy teacher is pretty chill. I have that class right when I should be eating lunch, so that annoys me, but I really like human biology so I'm looking forward to that class. My social dance class is my favorite by far. I'm also taking organ lessons, so I practice that for 40 minutes every day. 

Saturday I was busy with homework, a university coaches meeting, ultimate, and a date. I'm so excited for the ultimate season to start. That will be so fun. My friend Jessica and I are "co-coaches" so I'm way excited.

Sunday was a long day of church. I didn't get done until just before 5. Five minutes before sacrament started the Sunday school president asked me if I'd read the lesson. After saying yes he asked if I would teach it with another girl. I said sure! So I taught Sunday school, and then conducted Relief Society. My FHE brother Daniel had his birthday party, so I stopped in for a minute to wish him happy birthday. I got all the callings into Bishop at 5 and then I had a date with my friend Justin. This is a different Justin than a Justin some of you may have read about before. He coaches Ultimate. His team got second in the tournament last fall, just like my team! So he made this crazy lemon-Cajun-something chicken that was AWESOME with grilled asparagus and corn bread. We also made cookies that night. He's been asking me out a lot lately so...we'll see.

Yesterday we had our opening social in our ward. We had so much fun. We had dinner, and then met our new FHE brothers and played a couple huge group games. I had chemistry homework due at midnight and I didn't know how to scan it in as a PDF! So I was stressed...but I got it done. Today I saw my friend Isaac and he said, "I'm not gonna say you look bad...but you look TIRED." ha! I love the honesty. Well that's about it. I'm going to get my laundry now...and do my geology homework, then go to devotional, then go to my 3 hour geology lab. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment