Monday, March 26, 2012

May the odds...

The next two weeks are going to be crazy! Of course all my teachers decide to have tests the week before the final test...I have a crazy week ahead of me!

Today my FDENG-201 paper was due. I've been researching this thing since the beginning of March. I wrote a paper about students with learning disabilities at BYU-Idaho. Based on my experience working at the Reading Center this semester, I decided to write about how these students are somehow floating through the system paying tuition for an education that is ultimately unattainable. I had a couple people read it over the weekend and I made revisions today before noon when it was due. I was so STRESSED!!! My paper was due at 12:00 and I got done revising it at 11:45. I walked to the library to print it off and NONE of the computers were working. I was freaking out. I barely caught the elevator and on the way to the 3rd floor I was just praying, "Heavenly Father PLEASE let there be a computer open!" Sure enough, there was ONE computer open (coincidence? I think not). I was shaking as I tried to get that thing printed. It was like 11:57 and I needed to get to Rigby Hall! Anyway...it really wasn't a big deal I guess but I was so stressed. I conference grade my paper Friday afternoon so we'll see how that goes.

Meanwhile I have a nutrition test on the vitamins and minerals that I haven't studied for AT ALL because in any free time I've had I've been working on that blasted paper (duh) so I get to study for that all day tomorrow and take it. Procrastination station over here.

Last week was pretty great though! Sunday was fast Sunday for us and it was our last Sunday we meet together as a ward for the semester. I was SO SAD because I have loved being the Relief Society president this semester. I feel like I've finally got it all figured out only to be released! I went into my last meeting with Bishop after church and asked, "So when am I getting released?"

Bishop Kunz: "Released?"

....

"Wait, what?"

Huzzah! Bishop told me I'm not released and he still wants me to serve if I'm still willing and I was like HECK YES! So I'm excited.

Sunday the weather was so nice. I spent my day walking around campus, writing missionaries, and then Joseph and I went to Porter Park and then made dinner at his place and dessert at my place. It was a glorious day.

Saturday was equally glorious. However, I spent my day in the library. It was funny, this guy whistled the mockingjay tune in the hunger games movie and I so wanted to whistle back but I resisted. People are great. I did take an hour break to play ultimate, but then it was back to work. My roommates and I went out to eat and then I met up with my friend Isaac. He and I both worked on our papers and then read each others and said what we could both do better. It was very helpful!

Friday night I went to see The Hunger Games with Isaac and several people from my ward. I thought it was great. I just want Peeta. His looks totally grow on you as the movie progresses. And Katniss was bad-A I loved her. There was a big group of us who went to see it in St. Anthony for $5 so that was sweet. After that we ate at this diner. It was me and then Isaac, Colton, Eric, and Jason...hahaha I feel great about that.

All last week I played ultimate almost every single night. I just never get sick of it! You guys should see my feet. I swear it's like the winter skin is just shedding off but in MASS proportions.

Dating life...hmm...still have a crush on that one guy. I told him he looks like Superman on Sunday. He is SO attractive. And intelligent....and spiritual....

I had the best birthday on Tuesday! I got done with class at 10, then went to the temple, then went to the gym and ran 3 miles at a 2 incline at 6.5 mph steadily increased to 8.5 mph (only for the last part but still....I'm awesome!), got cute, went to devotional, then did homework for a few hours and watched a movie in our lounge where all my friends surprised me. Chase came with his roommates and he got me a $25 gift card to Hollister and I got a solar system bookmark from Melanie and TWO I repeat TWO Snickers bars from Thea! Best birthday ever. Kelsey got an ice cream cake for me and we watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Great great times. Not to mention it was my golden birthday--20 on the 20th! AND President Clark's birthday is the same day. =] The whole I-center sang happy birthday to him after devotional...I just pretended they were singing to me.

Well, happy hunger games everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to Hunger Games tonight! So excited!
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete