Monday, March 12, 2012

Pancake Party

Well folks life here is good besides the fact that right this moment I am sicker than a dog. Last night I thought I was going to die. My heartbeat felt like I had just run 6 miles and I had a serious fever. My body was so hot it made my whole bed uncomfortably warm but I absolutely could not move. I emailed my teachers this morning around 5:30 and told them I wouldn't be in class because I was dying! Now my fever has gone down, but I still feel awful. I need to throw up but it's not happening. This is the first time I have missed a full day of classes since being in college. I haven't been this sick in years!

Moving on...Saturday night I had a big party. I decided the pancakes I had in Las Vegas were too good to keep a secret, so I made pancakes and the buttermilk syrup and had tons of friends over to eat them with. It was so fun! I couldn't believe how many people showed up. There were at least 20 people in my little apartment. Everyone loved the pancakes and the syrup!! Good friends and good food = win win. We played guesstures and called it a night.

Friday night I had a date with an old friend. He took me to the Spori where we looked at art and took pictures. We also went to a musical performance called "Bring Forth My Zion" which was so good! After the music we went to the MC where there was an "Academy of Comedy" show. This was the first time I had been to one of these shows, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. So that was a big night. We had a lot of fun.

Earlier in the week I was able to play Ultimate outside on the stadium TWICE! This weekend we are playing ultimate for a ward activity so I'm looking forward to that (if I can get better!).

School is going well. Next semester I plan on taking four classes which will total 14 credits so that will be H-E-double HELL but I can do it!

Wednesday my FHE brothers had an "Alaska Party" (we use any excuse to have a party over here). They made a cake shaped like an igloo, played Alaskan games, and made halibut! I know, crazy town. But that was a way fun time and the food was awesome.

I love my ward so much. Yesterday I walked up to Bishop Kunz to give him my tithing and he grabbed my hand and started laughing and I said, "Why are you laughing at me?" and he said, "I just love you!" Oh it made my day. The guys in my ward are the best guys on campus; I'm convinced! I went to a fireside yesterday where my stake president told us all how important scripture study is. My friend Mindy posted something on Facebook that I really liked. In her stake conference the stake president said, "Do not pray away your growth: rise to the occasion." I really like that.

That is pretty much all my news. Everyone pray that I get better. Love you all! =]







1 comment:

  1. Nice netti pot picture. Gross. Hope you get better. I hate being sick. Sorry dude!

    ReplyDelete