Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's Rainin' Men

Hello all. Pretty lame week over here.

Last Monday I woke up and I was sicker than sick. I had time Monday to type up my blog last week due to my sickness, so I guess that was one good thing that came of it. I have to say, I felt so loved all day Monday. My roommate Thea offered to take care of me and she just got me all the OTC drugs I needed plus gatorade and saltines. Then I had three friends come see me to check up one me: my FHE brother Daniel, my good friend from back home Davies, and a "long-time-no-see" friend from last summer Justin. For FHE we decided to write missionaries which I felt great about because I hadn't written Keaton a letter all week, but then we ended up not doing it. Kelsey M. and my FHE brother Joseph made cookies and then went to Costa Vida. Ha! Happy FHE everyone.

Tuesday I stayed home from classes again. I had so much homework (way behind due to sickness) plus I had a test that closed that day. I studied all day, listened to devotional over the radio, took my test and was up all night doing other homework. It was awful because I had no energy to do what I needed, but I HAD TO GET IT DONE so I was up past midnight...which is not what you should do when you're sick.

Anyway.

Wednesday I was feeling much better. My nutrition class was cancelled, so I decided to spend my day doing all the homework I needed, and then my roommate Kelsey and I had a really fun night. We went to Fong's Chinese restaurant because Mitzi told me it is really good, and then we watched a Star Wars video with Joseph.

Thursday I was a busy body working on my 10 page research paper all day. I was so frustrated because it is due soon and I was behind from being sick and all the pressure was making me have serious writers block. However, the good news is I got to play Ultimate! We played at the stadium from 5:30 to 7:30 with on and off rain but zero wind. It was gorgeous! I did one of the best things ever:

I couldn't find a picture to show this, so I'm gonna try to describe it. I was close to the out of bounds when someone on my team tossed it to me, but the disc was out of bounds. So, I put my toes on the very edge of the in bounds, leaned my body out and caught the disc on my way down. I did a total belly flop on the ground, but it didn't hurt because I was so excited about making the pic catch!

Friday I didn't do a blasted thing. No date, no plans. I went to the grocery store after being out of food all week, I made tacos with my roommate for dinner, and then we did homework the whole night. Yep--happy Friday.

Saturday I slept in and played ultimate at 2 at Porter Park. I had position in the endzone playing defense. I was reading the disc getting ready to knock it down. Just as it got to where I was, I jumped up to knock it down and this IDIOT came flying in at a million miles per hour and hit me right on the side of my face with his forearm by his elbow!! I dropped like a rock and my ear was ringing. Then he was all concerned and said, "Are you all right??!" and proceeded to help me up when my head was spinning. I said "yeah" but then put my hands on my knees and made my way to the sideline to sit out for a bit. Holy cow-my ear still hurts from that one. Thanks again duder! Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't play defense as well as you! Dumboface.

Saturday night some friends and I got together over by this nature park where they have fire pits and had a fire. I had some good conversation with some good tunes and that was a nice chill time.

Sunday I made roast and twice baked potatoes, and my roommates made chicken and mashed potatoes and we had a huge feast with a bunch of friends. There were five girls and five guys and we ate a ton and then played pictionary. Austen and I came so close to winning, but alas, my roommate and our FHE brother took the cake. I want to watch "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" because I haven't seen it yet, but I'm waiting for the right time.

This week is my golden birthday. I turn 20 on the 20th. I want to do something fun, but I don't know if my roommates are planning anything, so I'm making back up plans. If I don't do anything with my roommates then I'm going to go hang out with my sister Trisha in Rigby. If I end up being busy, Trisha and I get to hang out next week anyway to watch the Hunger Games.

That is all my news. No pictures this week--they were taken on someone else's camera, so see facebook later or I'll post pictures on here once I get them from facebook. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment