Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What Happens in Vegas

Wow so I haven't updated in forever. So much has happened! A couple weekends ago I went to Boise and had a way fun time snowboarding with Hart and his family, Chase, and Gabe. Earlier that week I went boarding with Chase and my roommate Thea at Kelly Canyon, so I did tons of snowboarding that week! It was a really good time even though it was windy like crazy and the snow was so icy!

I went shopping with Mitzi and did my homework all day Saturday while Chase and the other brothers ice fished. I got $130 boots from Macy's on sale for $40! Steal! I met up with my friend Mindy at the mall. It was fun to catch up with her. I liked hanging out with Mitzi all day. I miss that part of my life in Boise a year ago. We went to sacrament with her and Scott and their cute kids. When I got back to Rexburg I had a relief society president's training meeting that was very good.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to Las Vegas for an ultimate frisbee tournament. It's called "Trouble in Vegas" and it is legit. There were teams from out of the country!! We played against a team from Pennsylvania. The field was tremendously large. I could stand in the very middle and look from my left to my right and see these tiny figures that were people playing frisbee. It had to be 1/2 mile long field. But anyway...the playing was so fun. During one of the games there was a serious mis match between our girls and theirs (we were WAY better) and on one play all my teammates were crowded by the handler and I decided to take off for the endzone. Our handler saw me taking off and hucked it to the endzone (not the best choice of word but that's what's it's called: a huck). I ran my little heart out and got it!! So exciting. There was another time I probably should've laid out to get the disc (it was too far ahead of me but not by that much I guess) but I didn't want to lay out because the ground was dirt and rock with just a little dead grass! Oh well. It was an awesome experience.

We drove from Rexburg Friday afternoon at 2, got to Vegas at 12, played frisbee all day until 8, then drove back to Rexburg and got in Sunday morning at 7. I drove the 2AM to 7AM block which was interesting. I drove from south of Provo to Idaho Falls, then to Rexburg (we switched cars in IF). The guy who drove before me was making me so nervous. When he pulled over to get gas at 2 I got in the driver's seat because he was not cutting it for me. But I did a good job getting everyone home safe. I prayed like crazy for Heavenly Father to keep the deer off the road, and I was able to talk to one of my teammates about the gospel (the only one who's not LDS) from Pocatello to Idaho Falls so I was grateful for that experience.

When I got back to Rexburg I showered and went to ward council. It was fast Sunday too, so I was running on no food and no sleep...but I felt fine. It was so werid. But the whole deprivation has been hitting me today and yesterday, so that's not good! I had a test today and I am pretty sure I did bad. Good thing I got 100% on my last test in that class! We had Elder Cook come to BYU-Idaho and give the CES fireside which was pretty awesome.

Well...other than that I can't think of anything. I'm rocking my classes, and now I'm working hard on my final essay for my last writing class. We get to pick a topic that's related to our majors, and I've decided to write about whether it's moral for BYU-Idaho to admit students with severe mental disabilities. I am excited!

I helped clean the I-center last Tuesday too. I had a picture on my phone so that's what that picture is when you see it.

The weather is getting nicer over here. I can't wait for the weather to be nice enough to play ultimate outside. The semester is over half way over, so before you know it, it will be spring semester! All right well that's my news: peace out!


No comments:

Post a Comment