Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Week!

I can't even remember what happened last week. I don't care to try to remember so I'm just going to write about my awesome weekend.

We had a three-day weekend last week and I was in heaven! I thought I was going to be crazy busy, but I told myself to chill out and take a break. Friday night I watched some Star Trek, Glory, and Gone With the Wind with my roommate Melanie. She and I went to a friend's house that night to play board games. When we went to leave, my car had been BOOTED!!! It was FIFTY BUCKS!!!! Gosh dang people get a life! It wasn't even close to curfew. Whatever.

Saturday I went to the temple. It's been closed for the past couple weeks, so that was nice to go. I read the February Ensign while I was in there and loved just about every article. There were some people from South Korea doing baptisms and I got to see the names written in their language and listen to their language through the glass. It was cool!

After the temple I drove to Rigby to hang out with Trisha. I told her I missed hanging out with her and since I had time I decided to chill with her for the day. We went to Hailey's basketball game and she did great! She was fun to watch. She totally stopped a girl from getting a layup with her awesome defense. Great work Hailey!



After her game we went to Travis's Grandpa's birthday party. He told me I was pretty, and then looked around and said, "The whole damn family's here!"--haha I love old people! We had pizza, cake, and I played a roaring game of "I Spy" with Hailey, Shae, and Cooper.

Monday morning I agreed to take a friend to the Idaho Falls airport. By Monday morning I mean 4:30 AM! My two roommates Thea and Melanie came with us. They are the ones who are good friends with this guy; I'm just the one with the car ;) We raced down to Idaho Falls but didn't know where the airport was! I called Dad (he must've had a freak out getting a phone call from his daughter at 5 AM) and he let me know where to go. After dropping him off we got McDonanld's breakfast and drove back to Rexburg. We slept when we got back until noon. I feel great about that.





The rest of the day I did "homework..." not really. I did D&C homework but still had a big assignment for my education class to do when Chase suggested we go night skiing. It had been snowing all day and I just couldn't say no! He, Thea (roommate) and I debated on going or not and I just told them we just had to go so we did and we were all SO GLAD. We had a blast. The snow was coming down hard and thick the whole time. The lift was chilly, but otherwise it was awesome. I felt like I was the only one there the whole time. We saw Brother Bair there; he's the 2nd counselor in my bishopric, so that was cool!



Thea and I


I finished my Education assignment when we got home at like 1:30 AM...I thought I did an awesome job. Turns out I got a 73%...BLARG!

I guess I should talk about Valentine's Day. My two FHE brothers asked me and my roommate out. They took us to Craigo's and we had tons of pizza plus this cookie monster thing. I don't even know what all the ingredients are inside, but all I know is it was delicious.



Daniel and I



Kelsey and Joseph


We played a Justin Bieber board game after that which we had tons of fun with. You would get points if you could sing 15 seconds of "Baby" or "Somebody to Love" or "You Smile" or any of his songs. Yes, I rocked it! We had so much fun and laughed so hard. This picture says it all.


We decorated their apartment door that day with valentines and blow pop suckers for fun since they asked us out for Valentine's Day. CUTE!





I took a nutrition test and got a 94% which I felt great about, but then she curved it and I got 100%. HUZZAH! I've got another science test I need to take tomorrow that I haven't studied for yet...oh dear. For my job we have to do this "marathon" thing where we apply all these study skills we've taught this semester in two weeks. We have to do so much of all of it to "pass" or whatever and it is taking up tons of my time. Hot dang!

Other than that my life is going just fine and dandy. I taught the lesson on Sunday. During sacrament I realized my 3rd Sunday school teacher was gone and she probably didn't find a sub. So during sacrament I prepared a lesson "just in case" and sure enough, she didn't ask someone to teach for her so I just did it. We had tons of people gone for the weekend so I was nervous about not having anyone for Relief Society. We had about 15 so it wasn't too shabby!

I'm enjoying my time as RS president. I play ultimate frisbee in Vegas in a week and a half so I am way stoked for that. I got Keaton some things for his birthday so I'll send that out soon so he can get that on time. I've been hanging out a lot with Chase lately which has been fun for me. Sunday night my roommate and I played games with him and all his friends which was awesome for me because he has really hot single friends. Yep, that's about it. I've been running at least 3 miles every day lately. I kind of want to run another half marathon this spring. I saw Gabe is signed up for one coming up, so that is exciting! Ok well I'm off to play a game of Settlers with my FHE bros. We might hit Kiwi Loco after; 25% off baby! Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment