Sunday, February 12, 2012

All my Blah Blah

Happy Sunday everyone!

I had a pretty awesome week. For FHE on Monday we played wallyball and that was a hecka good time. That is the funnest sport! I ran three miles that day too. I think I want to run another half marathon this year. I need to get with my sister and see what her plans are; maybe I'll run it with her. I took my first "Origins of the Universe, Life, and Earth" exam and totally rocked it! I love that class. Nuclear fusion...exciting stuff people.

Tuesday nothing really exciting happened. I sat by a lot of my FHE brothers during devotional which was fun. I love those guys! I did a lot of homework that day, so nothing special.

Wednesday was the same story except I ran three miles again and I played Ultimate! We had a huge group this week, so there wasn't as much playing, but it was so fun. =]

Thursday my FHE group played wallyball again, but I couldn't go because I had Ultimate practice for Las Vegas (it's coming up soon!). We didn't have anywhere indoor and because my coach is a Nazi, we played outside on the stadium! Because it's been such a weird winter (hardly any snow, very mild temperatures) it wasn't that bad. But it looked like this:





I drew that frisbee on a letter to Keaton.

Friday was a pretty chill day. After work I did a little homework, but then at 5 I took a nap! I swear I could've slept all night, but then my roommate Kelsey and I went to Idaho Falls. I got a coupon in the mail for a free pair of panties at Victoria's Secret, but we got to the mall too late so I couldn't use it. Next time for sure! When we got back to Rexburg we watched Mean Girls. That has a lot of trash but holy smokes it's funny.

Saturday I went snowboarding all day to Targhee with my FHE brother Aarick (nicknamed "Buzz") and his friend Jess. He works there one day a week and teaches little kids how to snowboard. Aarick is so good, and his friend Jess is his equal only she skis! I lost them on the first run, so for the next couple hours I chilled by myself going all over the place practicing my carving. It had snowed the day before into the night, and Saturday it was clear and sunny all day with new snow. That was my first time snowboarding with new snow and I loved it!





At lunch I ended up finding Aarick and Jess and tried going with them a few times, but they were just too hard core for me, so after about an hour and a half of that I went by myself again. I met a lot of people by going up the lift with random groups all the time. I ran into a guy I totally had a crush on during the summer and boarded with him and his friends for a few runs.





I also met a guy from back East who was in the area for a work thing and he found out I was Mormon and we chatted about that for a minute--including Mitt Romney's chances in taking the nomination. I was glad I keep up with Bill O'Reilly after that conversation because I was able to talk about people like Marco Rubio and know what I was talking about.





When I got back to Rexburg all my roommates had plans (dates for three of them, and watching Rugby all night for the other), so I decided to make plans with my FHE brother Joseph. We made breakfast for dinner and watched How to Train Your Dragon because he's never seen it. I fell asleep during some of it. I was wiped out! But dinner was so good. I had a bacon, scrambled egg, and cream cheese crepe and it was to die for.




My Sunday was busy busy. I went to bed at 10:30 the night before, so I was well rested (for once). I have ward council every Sunday at 9:45 and then church from 11-2 and then I have a meeting with the Bishop after church until about 3. Then I have meetings with my councilors every Sunday at 4 where we do stuff. Today we searched out all the locals and "ministered" to them individually. It was tough stuff hunting them all down! All the locals in our stake were jammed into our ward, and all of them were jammed into my relief society. I have about 45 girls, so it is crazy town! It's hard work, but it is so fulfilling. I love it.

Well folks that was my week. Next weekend is a three day weekend...I need to make killer plans! Later


This was a sticky note I found on the mirror in a random bathroom on campus. Only at BYU-Idaho!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment