Saturday, February 4, 2012

People are Dumb

It's been another great day at BYU-Idaho =]

Last weekend I went ice skating with all my friends. Well, not ALL of them. My best friend had a hot date. But I still wanted to have some fun so I got everyone together and we hit the ice! I fell and hit my wrist which was annoying, but other than that we had a lot of fun! I watched "Clash of the Titans" until curfew after that.

Sundays we like to have our friends over to play games. We had over 10 people at our house last week playing "The Game of Things" and "Pictionary." I love Pictionary! I am often on the winning team. =] I wasn't this time but, oh well.

Not much went down during the week. I had two classes get cancelled!! That was sweet. I didn't do my homework for one of them that I probably should have...I'm such a rebel! I had a nutrition test that I'm pretty sure I got 100%. I studied like a champ and then breezed through the test!

I played indoor Frisbee and my cousin Conrad was there. I got a SWEET knockdown right when he was going to catch it--ha! I've been invited to play with the Eastern Idaho Frisbee team in a tournament in Las Vegas March 3rd and 4th. We were going to have our first practice today but it got cancelled. I am so stoked. I turned them down when they first asked me, (what if I have homework!) but finally decided to live a little and agreed to play. =] I'm so excited!

We also played a roaring game of wallyball this week. Chase and Conrad were there and our FHE brothers. We love them! We hang out with them constantly.

I got my hair cut this week. She took a couple inches off, gave me layers and tapered it. My hair looks great!! I love it. I also got new fitness shoes. They are hot pink and black! Mmm!

Thursday I went to a forum with President Clark. One of the topics was about managing time. One guy LITERALLY stood up and said, "I know I spend too much time volunteering so I can't get my homework done, but..." and then he went on to say a bunch of blah blah that nobody cared about because really....really? You volunteer too much? Even if that's true...no, actually. That's not true.

Who says that?

Or like when people post their grades on facebook because they have 100% in all their classes and they feel so awesome they need to put that on the web. Really? News flash: it's the beginning of the semester...EVERYONE has 100% in their classes. Get a life.

Who does that?

Moving on: Friday night after my test I got my friends together for another adventure. We decided to go ballroom dancing in the Hinckley for a while. I love dancing! I should go to those more often. After that I was mindful of Chase's roommate Louie who tore his ACL AND his PCL. He is stuck at home all the time and I thought to myself, "I bet he hasn't done anything fun all semester," (not that he's lame...just that he's crippled and can't go anywhere) so I called him and my friends and I took the party to his apartment! We ate pizza and creamies and finished the basketball game, then played a game of Pictionary where my art major roommate DESTROYED us. It was a good time. =]

Today I went snowboarding with Davies and his roommate Kyle. The snow was nice today. It was icy at first but it got soft quickly and I hit a couple jumps!! They have this fun play zone place at Kelly Canyon where you can snowboard on pipes and boxes and hit some jumps. I wrecked a few times but there were those glorious moments when I landed and it was a lot of fun. =] Davies thought it would be a good idea to go through this powder that had trees growing all over the place. It was a bad idea!! We were stuck for like 15 minutes! But overall it was a great day of snowboarding. =] Not to mention, Kyle works there so I got a day pass for free. =]

Something interesting: Last weekend we had a bunch of losers prank our apartment. We heard a knock on the door and when we opened it, someone had tied a dead cat to our door with some orange twine. We had two guys over when it happened and guess who got to dispose of the carcass? This girl. The boys wouldn't do it (Pansies)!! So I put on my big girl farmer's daughter pants and chucked it in the dumpster (after taking a picture for my manager). That thing was HEAVY!

School and work is going great. After 1st block I get to set my schedule and I can work as little as one hour a week or as much as 20 hours a week, so I am pretty much golden! I think I'll work five hours a week...maybe seven. =] I know I'm a total loser, but I need to put as MUCH energy as possible into my grades. I've gotta keep my scholarship as long as possible people!

Well folks that's my news for the week. Enjoy the pics =]



No comments:

Post a Comment