Monday, January 4, 2021

Happy New Year!


Emmett had some work done on his teeth and he was an absolute champ. The worst part was afterward when he bit up his lip and he had to deal with that healing all week. It healed in time for his follow-up today. Even knowing what was coming he did GREAT and this time left his lip alone while the numbness went away. 

Getting numb!

Last week we had a last-minute Beal party to welcome in the new year. Alex brought his family over to hang out for a few days and Trisha decided to bring a couple of her kids along for the party. I was itching to make a new lasagna recipe I had found and quickly found upon assembling it that it was big enough to feed like 20 people, so I opted to bring it to Mom's for Tuesday night when everyone arrived. That, with a salad I had made and the bread Alex and Anna brought to share, made for a fabulous meal!

All day Wednesday the kids played with their cousins and had a total blast. They haven't run around that much all winter. We adults sat around and had a great time chatting about all the things. Anna made enchiladas to share and I was sure to get the recipe from her because they were the BEST I've had in forever. Justin couldn't get work off, but he was able to throw the ribs in the oven and whip up a delicious bbq sauce for it. Oh, not to mention the strawberry-pretzel dessert he whipped up too. He's pretty great. Anna made scalloped potatoes which made for a seriously scrumptious meal. Yum! After dinner, Justin let all the nieces and nephews take a spin on his VR set.



Emmett at dinner "I'm SO tired!" when we got shoes on to leave he said "I LOVE playing with my cousins!"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜



They were SO exhausted after a full day of play with cousins๐Ÿ’“

I took the kids over early the next morning because everyone was leaving after breakfast, so it was their last chance to get some last-minute play time. After saying goodbye to everyone, I spent that morning taking down my Christmas tree. I also cleaned out a bunch of other areas of the house including my closet. I get tremendous satisfaction from throwing things away.

matching game one last time with McCoy

Emmett helped me take down the tree

Tidied up closet

New Year's Day we just hung around all day. It's about that time of pregnancy, so I treated myself to some online maternity shopping and started reading The Hiding Place. The next day we hired a babysitter because we were itching for a date. We haven't gone out since Justin's birthday which wasn't the most pleasant memory (que barfing in the bushes afterward). We drove to Pocatello to go out to lunch and do some shopping. WINCO! Oh how I miss the days of living close to WINCO!

Sunday night we watched Spencer's Mountain and played games with Justin's family online. Now that it's 2021 I'm feeling it's time to really gear up to welcome another baby to our family! Today I ordered a new breast pump and I've been haggling on Facebook marketplace for baby items I hope to pick up tomorrow when I go to I.F. for my doctor appointment. 

I attempted to do some rhythm stick action with the kids for some singing time

Carnivores around the meat...

Herbivores around the plants (this kid kills me!)


Emmett makes me "presents" with his magnets - he puts little treasures inside for me to open.

While welcoming in a new year, I looked back on my 2020 resolution which was to read 50 books. I read 51 with a few of those being audiobooks. Here are all the books I read last year. I marked ** next to the ones that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good read.

1.) Just Mercy
2.) To Kill a Mockingbird
3.) The Tattooist of Auschwitz ** (true story)
4.) Before We Were Yours
5.) Nine Perfect Strangers
6.) Oh Crap! I Have a Toddler! (Audio)
7.) The Millionaire Next Door

FEBRUARY

8.) Of Mice and Men
9.) Ghosted ** (novel)
10.) The Danish Way of Parenting
11.) Caging Skies
12.) Yes Please (audio)
13.) Truly, madly, guilty (audio)

MARCH
14.) The Magnolia Story (audio)
15.) Where the Red Fern Grows
16.) Virgil Wander** (novel - I really like this author)
17.) Marry Him - the case for settling for Mr. Good enough 
18.) The Shift
19.) Vaccines, Autoimmunity, and the Changing Nature of Childhood Illness

APRIL
20.) Behold the Dreamers
21.) The Catcher in the Rye
22.) All the Light We Cannot See ** (novel)
23.) A Man Called Ove ** (novel)

MAY
24.) Convenience Store Woman
25.) Half-Broke Horses** (true story)
26.) Ghost Soldiers** (true story)
27.) Present over perfect
28.) A Warning 

JUNE
29.) Me and White Supremacy
30.) So You Want to Talk About Race (audiobook)
31.) Tears We Cannot Stop (audiobook)

JULY:
32.) How to be an Anti-Racist
33.) Cilka's Journey** (based on a true story)
34.) The Road Back to You:. An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery** (self-help)
35.) One Second After** (novel)
36.) The New Jim Crow (audiobook)
37.) One Year After

AUGUST:
38.) Four Seasons in Rome
39.) Ask Again, Yes** (novel)

SEPTEMBER
40.) Parenting with Love and Logic 
41.) Counting by 7's
42.) The Woman in Cabin 10
43.) The Giver of Stars
44.) True Colors
45.) Things You Save in a Fire

OCTOBER
46.) Retire Inspired (audiobook)

NOVEMBER
47.) 10 Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now (audiobook)

DECEMBER
48.) I am Malala** (true story)
49.) The Book of Mormon
50.) Vaccine Epidemic 
51.) A Lion and a Lamb 

No comments:

Post a Comment