Monday, January 11, 2021

17 weeks




We got a little bit of snow last week but none of the snowfall we've had so far has been right for building a snowman. We try to get the kids outside once and a while but it's just so dang cold! I had an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday and decided I'd take the kids to the dinosaur museum afterward. The roads were a little snowy on the way over to I.F. My appointment went great: I have perfect labs and blood pressure and I'm measuring right on track. Tabitha asked Logan if he wanted to help listen to the baby, so she handed him the doppler and he put it on my belly to listen for the heart beat. It was really sweet. Unfortunately, baby was doing summer-saults and wasn't making the job easy so Tabitha had to take over. LOL. I'm 18 weeks this week.

17 week pic

Unfortunately for us, the museum was CLOSED and I felt like such an idiot for not checking ahead of time. Turns out they're closed until the end of this month to put up a new exhibit so now the dinosaurs will be gone! Bah! SO annoying and so sad for my dino-obsessed four year-old. I decided to order some chicken Pad Thai for myself and got happy meals for the kids which we ate on the way home.

Flossing Logan's teeth - worst chore of the day!

Friday I took the kids again; this time for a ski lesson for Emmett at Kelly Canyon. It was BUSY with a jam-packed parking lot and - to my dread - a school bus already there at 11:00. There were tons of teenage kids on the bunny hill on their school ski trip, so Emmett didn't get as many runs as usual. Oh well. Logan and I froze to death while I tried to get videos/pictures of him but spent the rest of the time in the lodge or by the fire. His hour lesson went quickly and we were off to grab a bite to eat and head to Trisha's' to eat it. We got Pizza Hut - oh my word, I haven't had Pizza Hut in ages and WOW their crust....so delicious! Trisha's kids were home and she offered to have us stay so the kids could play and we could watch a movie. We watched Jo Jo Rabbit and I loved it - so much so that when we got home that night I watched it again with Justin. I read the book it's based on (Caging Skies) and liked the movie way better. 



Life is good: waiting for Emmett while eating Swedish fish by the fire.



I have SO much joy watching him pick this up


Saturday I was feeling ambitious so I tried making Vietnamese food. I tried making authentic ramen but didn't have the bok choy, and I was too lazy to see if the A&A had any green onion or cilantro so I made due with the red cabbage I had in the fridge. It was okay but I probably won't ever make it again.😂



We've started doing family scriptures at night before bed time. Now that we're studying the Doctrine and Covenants for Come, Follow Me, we are reading The Book of Mormon in the evenings. Emmett gets excited to have his turn to read - we'll need to enjoy these days since they will become progressively more obstinate with age, I'm sure.😂


some at-home church poster teaching time

I got my hair done and my new maternity clothes came last week, so I am feeling like a new woman. I'm thrilled with the maternity jeans I found: impeccable fit! The Roses booked our family vacation for the summer in McCall which I'm already looking forward to. I've never been to McCall, and having it in Idaho this year will be easier for us with our new babe. I signed Emmett up for Dance class - why not? Today is the first day so we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment