Monday, January 25, 2021

19 weeks

Monday Emmett had dance again and unfortunately the second class went much like the first. I will keep taking him through the month of January but we won't be continuing through the spring. I prefer to find something that Logan can do as well so he doesn't have to be left out.

I had an eye appointment last Tuesday in Idaho Falls. I'm not near sighted enough to notice it much unless I'm driving (especially at night), but more recently I was getting headaches that I suspected were from changes in my vision. Sure enough, when the doctor did my exam I could tell my right eye has changed. It has a stigmatism now (the doctor said that's also why changes to driving at night is especially noticeable). He said wearing contacts can be a challenge if you have a stigmatism but thankfully I am doing just fine. And I can see details far away so much better! Driving home I marveled at backside of the Lost River range - I could see so much more of what's going on with those mountains. They're my favorite.

Our Burley plans were thwarted from Logan waking up Wednesday morning with a runny nose, so our ski plans have been postponed. The rest of the week puttered by slowly. I finished a birth book that I've been interested in for a while and made French bread to go with our spaghetti Thursday night. Saturday we hit Idaho Falls to do our grocery shopping at Costco and Winco. These trips feel like a fun outing now; we'll have to savor that because with two kids and a baby it will be much different. 

sick naps on the couch
I made the kids celery juice. They didn't get too far before I finished off the rest

Emmett's take on celery juice
Logan's take


This recipe turned out great! I added Italian seasonings and mozzarella cheese - I wish you all could have been in my kitchen while it was baking because the smell was incredible!

Yummy salad to go with dinner. This baby is getting more veggies than my previous two for sure. I weirdly am craving that fresh crunch all the time!
We've mastered Costco hotdogs and pizza for lunch

I'll be 20 weeks this week. I've been doing yoga 1-2 times a week and recently added weights back to my exercise routine. I hope to get some long walks in once the weather turns which should make for a well-rounded, physically active pregnancy. Preparing for birth is no joke! My birth book said 300 squats a day wouldn't be too many. Yeesh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment