Sunday, January 17, 2021

Chase and Rachel come to visit

On our Lost River Classifieds Facebook page, a lady was advertising dance classes starting at ages 3-5. I decided to sign Emmett up for something else to be involved in. The first "class" was a whole-lotta baby shark, duck duck goose, and red light/green light so I was a little annoyed that it felt like I was paying for a glorified P.E. class... but they are supposed to start learning an actual dance starting tomorrow so... I will withhold judgement until we see how that goes.πŸ˜‚



getting stretched out
Beware! This video is playing Baby SharkπŸ˜‚
On Wednesday I decided to make a trip to Costco with the kids. We zipped over and back in time for lunch. While I was gone I asked Justin to assemble/fill our 55-gallon emergency water tank that's been sitting in the baby's room since November. Now if I can get a little extra propane on hand then I'll feel prepared to be able to take care of my family for a while if any emergency were to happen.
boxes make the best toys

the place for the 55-gallon tank for now...the bathtub we don't useπŸ˜‚ when I'm in labor I might regret this decision 
Saw this on Facebook and had to steal it πŸ˜‚
Preschool on Thursday was the letter "M" - Emmett was so excited to show me his souvenir 
On Thursday we were excited all day for cousins to arrive! Chase and Rachel came to visit - our kids are all close together (Emmett and Hudson are three months apart, Logan and Sloane are two months apart...baby Kamryn and June baby will be nine months apart) and finally old enough to actually play together quite nicely without needing too much supervision. Friday morning Chase and Dad went ice fishing with Hudson. Emmett and Logan had a lot of fun with Sloane all morning until they returned at lunch. Rachel and I decided our kids should go skiing sometime so I plan to visit Burley next week for an overnighter.
Logan passed out part-way through the evening on Thursday night. Man! This kid and his sleep! Emmett took a three-hour solid nap until he was three and some change. He pretty much gave up naps without much of a transition period of sometimes napping, sometimes not. Logan is getting close to giving up naps (he'll be three in March) and it's been quite a process for him. On this day, he clearly didn't get a nap...and passed out at 6:00 because of it. πŸ˜‚ The good news is he slept until 8:00 Saturday morning AND Sunday morning...keep that going little man! (Also, don't call him little man...he'll yell back at you, "I'm not little man - I'M LOGAN!" πŸ˜‚)
awww sweet bub!
This was after he woke up from his nap but clearly still wanting some down time.
Amidst all the kids playing, Chase and Rachel managed to teach us a fun version of Uno. I have fun laughing just listening to Chase tease Mom and Dad. He about gave Mom a heart attack when he purposefully threw his Pepsi bottle down on her precious carpet. With the cap firmly in place, he wanted to show her that the carpet was in no danger of getting spilled on, so he threw it down not once, not twice, but THREE times to prove his point. You can image Mom's reaction to such a stunt.
Kids watching Tangled before bedtime
Emmett built me a lego present and said, "Look Mommy it's Samuel the Lamanite" - yay! Things are sticking!

Logan passed out on the couch after the cousins left

Emmett has been super into coloring lately...all dinosaurs of course
Saturday night we invited the Nielson's over for pizza and game night.
Emmett playing "Go Fish" with Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment