Sunday, April 23, 2017

Seattle Trip

This week Justin worked from home on Friday, giving us the opportunity to rid ourselves of all the junk we had remaining. We rented a pickup truck and hauled it all away to the dump. The weather Friday was crazy beautiful! It was a summer day for sure - followed by two rainy days. Boo! That morning I met a friend from church at the zoo. She has an 11 month old, so it was fun to watch the babies interact and look at the animals. The best part was the polar bear - this thing was MASSIVE - I totally underestimated how big they are. It was smashing a plastic toy in the water. I couldn't help but imagine it smashing a person and how they'd be dead in no time - ha! I know, terrible, but I couldn't help it. I enjoyed hanging out with Katie - she was the perfect partner to do the zoo with because we did it early before the million other people showed up on the nicest day of the year so far, and we breezed through the whole thing in less than an hour. AND she payed for us with her yearly pass - sweet!


Saturday my family held a baby shower for Amanda in Boise. I thought about going for a hot second and decided against it. So we decided to do a day trip to to Seattle. Rain was in the forecast, so we took the ferry to Bainbridge and back before the clouds blocked the view. We had incredible views of the Olympics, Mount Baker and parts of Mount Ranier. Emmett loved watching the seagulls swoop up and down. I had an irrational fear of him falling off the side of the boat. Half-way across the captain stopped to do a memorial service - we don't know why but everyone was quiet for it to pay our respects. Once we landed we were greeted by many Earth Day advocated with their science suits and picket signs marching on Seattle. They were a fun group to watch, and dare I say very stereotypical *cue old women with long gray hair and Patagonia gear* ha I know I'm sorry, I'm terrible but I can't help myself today #shameless.
We enjoyed our favorites at Pike Place Market - fresh doughnuts, fresh flowers, and fresh produce. I love our occasional romps to the city.











Emmett is now crawling up on all fours and getting better at standing. He crawled up three stairs today, so it's fun watching him figure that out.








He pulled himself into the laundry basket the other day








No comments:

Post a Comment