Sunday, April 9, 2017

Emmett is getting so fat! When I first introduced solids, my milk supply totally tanked so I stopped for a while. Now things are fine so he's eating all kinds of new food and LOTS of it! Jon and Laura gave us tons of baby food free since their baby girl wouldn't eat it. Sorry for them, but awesome for us! He loves everything. Back when he was newborn and we landscaped our yard, I took fresh plums and Asian pears, blended them up and made baby food. I stuck it in the freezer for when Emmett would be ready for it. I defrosted and bottled it this week with old baby food jars. Giving that to him gave me a good boost of pride and satisfaction: I made this blend with my bare hands with free plums and pears - go me! I'm not excited enough that I'd be motivated to continue making him baby food, however. I'm happy to use what's been given to us - thank you Jon and Laura!

refilling these bottles as he eats them up

He is starting to get into the classic crawling position while rocking back and forth - but no forward movement yet. He is strong! He pulls himself up on the couches, on us, and most recently the stool. He loves pulling on drawers in the bathroom and kitchen, and playing with doors is his new thing. He loves to swing them back and forth, and has shut himself in the bathroom a couple of times. Good thing it wasn't locked!










Justin installed our shutters this week. I did most of the painting so Justin could do the installing. We LOVE them, and now I'm so ready to have the upstairs painted so we can add shutters to those windows as well.

I was released from my Sunday School teaching job. It was a total surprise, and after bringing it up when I saw my bishop it may have been a mistake - oh well! I'll serve wherever so we'll see if I get called back or do something else or just do activities for now. I'm planning Cinco de Mayo - should be fun.

1 comment: