Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Emmett's Blessing

My heart is so full this morning! Oh how I loved having my family in town for Emmett's blessing on Sunday.

Friday Justin took the day off and together we got everything ready for our guests. My mom and dad flew into SeaTac in the late afternoon and we met them for dinner at BBQ Pete's in Kent (that's right Jon - be jelly!). Early the next morning we dropped Emmett off at the babysitter's house and went to the temple. I haven't been with my parents in a long time, and with my Dad's knees in bad shape, I thought it was a good way to spend quality time together without too much movement on his part. The escalators in the temple were a bonus for him that way ;) When we got home Chase and Rachel arrived shortly after with their cute almost 6-month old Hudson. We had a good time eating pizza for lunch and walking on the Nathan-Chapman trail. The leaves are red which was a huge hit with Mom! We made sure to take a picture. We ate at a Mexican restaurant for dinner and the family ended the day watching a movie on Netflix.



Thankfully our church starts at 12:30 which allowed us to take it slow and easy Sunday morning. I love that when I get together with my family we always have a good time talking. It doesn't take much to entertain us. We got to church early enough that we all got to sit together, and Justin did a great job blessing Emmett. And he looked slammin' in his new suit! Everyone came over for soup and bread after sacrament. Mom and Dad had to go shortly after that to catch their flight. The rest of the family left right when our friends the Fillmores showed up and we had a good visit with them. Their kids are so cute and totally obsessed with Emmett! It makes my heart happy.



Tomorrow Emmett will be two months old. He is a very sweet, chill baby boy. I love this sweet baby of mine. We are buddies and I love that I get to hang out with him all day ;) I am soaking up this time because I know with future kiddos it will not be the same. Yesterday I went to Target and bought him a bunch of new clothes. It's getting colder, so I got him some much-needed long sleeved onsies, socks, and a pair of shoes that are so cute I could die! For FHE we made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and delivered them to people I visit teach and to the Christensen family. We showed Kari our yard makeover - she's my gardening friend who helped me decide what I wanted to plant. It's always a good time visiting with them.


Smiling at Granny!





Every morning we get up and drive Justin to his carpool or the bus. Emmett is a trooper! Burp rag placed strategically for inevitable puking.
 
You've come a long way baby!

Now I need to get to work planning the Halloween party. I'm thinking trunk-or-treat, mini-carnival, and a chili cookoff. I also need to get to work on our costumes! I love Halloween. It's totally the best holiday - so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment