Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Emmett Two Months Old

My baby is growing up! And filling out: he is a whopping 12 pounds now, and 24" long. He had several shots at his 2 month visit. I met a friend after he had his shots - she was surprised he wasn't fussy having just been poked several times. He is a pretty awesome baby. This morning we took Justin to the bus stop early - so we came home and slept in a bit longer. I love these slow mornings - just chillin with my baby! What's new with Emmett these days? He likes to talk to us - a lot! I love his baby noises! They are so cute. He has had a lot of blowouts recently. No poops for a while and then BAM. He likes to try to sit up. When we grab his hands, he tries to bring himself up to a sitting position. Thankfully he is still very much immobile - though we're on the lookout for when he starts to roll over. He goes to bed at either 8 or 9 and has been sleeping until 3 or 4. How lovely!






This face kills me!
Friday I had my niece again to babysit. While the babies slept in the afternoon, I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and sandwiched them together with cream cheese frosting. They were amazing! We gave a plate full away to the Fillmores.

Saturday morning I went to my friend's High Fitness class. The first time is free - it was a total blast!  I definitely haven't exercised like that since...probably when Justin and I were doing insanity 2 years ago. I will definitely be going again next week! Monday morning I exercised again and tried to do some core exercises - it was a total joke! With my tailbone injury, I can't do any of the sitting moves - so I tried to do some planks - ha! It will be a process for sure to get my strength back. I had 15 pounds left over after having Emmett, and 5 of those just kinda came off on its own. The 10 pounds I have left I'm going to try to lose by Thanksgiving.

Saturday and Sunday we had General Conference of course. While the men had priesthood session, I invited several women from my ward over for a ladies night. Since the moms had the kids while the men were away, lots of ladies brought their kids over. They watched a movie while we ate taco soup and gabbed in the kitchen. Some of the older kids played with Jackson, which he loved! Sunday we surprised Justin's parents and drove up to Silverdale to watch the afternoon session with them. I really need to be better about taking pictures when I do these things.
Saturday Conference snuggles

Sunday morning conference snuggles


red leaves on our Monday morning walk
10/4
8/14
When I took this picture this morning, it reminded me of this face he used to make as a newborn. I'm probably the only one that sees it 


baby talk
Justin playing hide and seek with Jackson

long version of hide and seek


No comments:

Post a Comment