Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Before and After




This last weekend we bought the shrubs for our new flower beds and planted them, completing our DIY project. As you can see from the before and after, the brick pavers were always there. They were just overgrown so you didn't notice them. After we tore the grass out, we pulled out each brick to tear out the grass that had grown all throughout. We waited for the sale to buy our plants and got everything 40-50% off which saved us a couple hundred dollars! We got boxwoods for alongside the driveway, and azaleas and blue star junipers for the front. The azaleas will get up to three feet high and the junipers three feet wide. We love it and think it adds so much to the house. Kudos to Justin who did basically all the labor himself! - and kudos to me as the designer ;)

I visit teach a gal whose baby is due mid-October but she's trying to come early. I told her about all the freezer meals I made before Emmett came. I still had the shopping list, so I offered to share it with her and help her make a bunch of food to freeze before her baby comes. She sent her husband shopping and last Friday I went over to her house and helped her make a ton of food. She is having contractions all the time, and with certain activities of course they get worse. While I was over there she had to lay down a few times and rest while I continued cooking. We made 5 of the 6 meals before I needed to pick up Justin. It was quite a feat considering I had Emmett there, and she has two kids we were trying to keep track of (or just trying to keep away from Emmett ;)). 

I had lunch with Heather on Wednesday and MK brunch on Saturday with my teacher partner Casey. Emmett is such a good baby - I love that I can tote him with me everywhere I go (including to MK parties!) or if Justin is home he will take a bottle like it's no big deal. I am totally loving this stage of my baby boy. I need him to stop growing up - I'm already hungry for more baby over here!


He's found his thumb! When he loses his bink in the car, we'll hear him squawk and then hear him sucking his thumb :)
 As seen on fb, my mentor teacher from my student teaching days made Emmett a ton of adorable Star Wars baby stuff! Blanket, burp rags, and these crocheted hats and Yoda doll are hilariously cute!


 These ears look Dobby-like to me, as well as Yoda-like ;)


Ha - I love that face


He was happy until Daddy decided to hold him upside down...




Justin loves to play with Emmett!






No comments:

Post a Comment