Monday, September 19, 2016

Emmett is 7 weeks

We had a beautiful fall week last week. The sun shined all week and we had wonderful cool fall weather. Maybe if I'm lucky it will be this beautiful when my family comes for Emmett's blessing on Sunday.

Tuesday night after my MK event I met two gals from my ward for a late dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. I had never been, and I really enjoyed getting to know them better. They moved from Arizona, so we talked about how we miss the hot weather!

Wednesday I took Emmett with me to Silverdale for a double-facial. We met with Judy and her friend at a park on the water. It was a really nice visit! I should have taken a picture.
I love to wear Emmett around the house - I don't love the barf that inevitably ensues

Thursday I asked one of my young women friends to babysit Emmett last-minute so I could go out with Justin. I met him in Tacoma, and we went to Ruston Point - a new development on the water. We walked along the water with a gorgeous view of Ranier and had dinner.



Friday I was busy babysitting my niece along with taking care of Emmett. It was interesting - they had the same needs at the same time, so I'd be nursing Emmett while feeding her. Ha! I'm glad I only have a few more times babysitting her.

I helped plan a baby shower for a gal I visit teach, Sarah. My house isn't great for hosting such an event, so my friend Heather agreed to let us use her house. Between the two of us we did the food, and Sarah brought a craft for people to do. They made cute headbands and baby hair clips. Again, why didn't I take a picture?

I love to ask people who they think Emmett looks like...nobody knows! He is his own little person

Saturday Justin and I shopped in Tacoma. We got Emmett two outfits (shopping for babies is so fun!) and Justin a suit. We spent the rest of the day napping and watching college football. I would MUCH RATHER watch college football over professional football...it is way more fast-paced and the college teams take more risks. We went grocery shopping that evening. Do you know how much money you save when all you eat is oatmeal and tacos? Ha...with the occassional ribs and chick fil-a, I know ;)

this baby is so barfy!




new outfit for chilly fall days :)

Sunday I was cornered after Sacrament - I needed to meet with Brother Dent for a new calling. I was terrified they were going to call me to be primary president (because the president is moving) but thankfully no, I've been given the perfect calling for me! Ward activities! I'm in charge! And I'm so grateful because I've been saying things to Justin lately about how we never do things as a ward and it's totally lame. Plus, with the new ward boundaries, we haven't had a chance to bond as a ward and we so need that! So call me Leslie Knope as I merge two wards into one like it's Eagleton and Pawnee! While we were meeting with Brother Dent, Justin turned to me and said, "Unity concert!" ha. I'm excited...except that now I get to plan a Halloween party in t-minus one month. Yikes!

I'm looking forward to my family coming for Emmett's blessing. This little almost-two-month-old is my life and my joy! His new developments are he's now out of newborn diapers, but still wearing newborn clothes with the occasional 3 month stuff. He goes to bed at 8:00, wakes up at 2:00 to eat, and sleeps until 6:00. It has been awesome! Except last week he was crazy - he slept 8 hours straight one night, then 7 the next night, and then he was up the following two nights 2 or 3 times. Crazy baby! He makes a lot more noise lately - we love to hear his baby noises! I love his baby chatter.

I'm reading a great book called "The Collapse of Parenting." This author wrote three other books I will be reading next: Why Gender Matters, Boys Adrift, and Girls on Edge. I read parts of Boys Adrift in my Education Psychology class at BYU-I. So much of what the author talks about I noticed as a teacher! Anyway - it's an interesting read.

That's it! Lots to do and to look forward to this week.
OH my sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment