Thursday, May 5, 2016

Hello May

Time for an update: all last week - Tuesday through Sunday - Justin was out of town for work in Tennessee and then for a baby blessing in Georgia. It was annoying having him gone so long! But I planned ahead and had a lot to keep me busy.

Tuesday I sanded and primed the dresser we bought for the boy's room. Wednesday I hosted our Book of Mormon "book club" if you will - we meet weekly and missionaries bring investigators. Thursday I had "Science Night" at Cascade. That was a LOOOONG day. I had school all day of course, but then had to run home and take care of Jackson and run back to school to do the science night thing! I am disappointed in myself for not taking pictures - my kids rocked it. They displayed their science projects, had pizza, and we did raffle prizes. We had a great turn out! But that was certainly an exhausting day.


Friday I went to "Beauty and the Beast" - a production put on by the Jr. High down the street. My good friend Heather had her son in it - he played Gaston and without him the play would have failed! Ha. He and his buddy who played Lefou stole the show! So fun. That night I bit the bullet and bought a new vacuum. I also decided to buy one of those cleaners that sweeps and mops your floor at the same time. With our downstairs all hard floors, it will be nice to do a thorough cleaning with minimal effort.

I spent all Saturday playing with my new cleaning toys. I finished painting the dresser and even painted our front doors. They needed it! I also helped Laura out by babysitting Eleanor for a few hours since Jon was gone for the baby blessing as well. We had pizza together that night. Sunday I taught my new Sunday School class - I now teach the 14 year-olds instead of 16. I like teaching Sunday School...I dread the day I get called to teach primary #foreal. Heather saved the day by inviting me over for dinner. I am so happy to have found her! She has become a great friend. Justin got home late that night.

This week has been pretty low-key. The only difference is we now have two-hour class periods with our kids because of the SBA testing. It it something ELSE to keep these kids under control for two hours basically in lock down mode. Maybe it's my pregnancy, or it's just me, but I am a lot more outspoken and sometimes I forget to put my word filter on. I may or may not have basically told a couple of 13 year old boys how much I can't stand them. Oh well. #noshame I am speaking the #honesttruth. 7 weeks to go until SUMMER! No summer break for me however - we're just 10 weeks away from our baby boy! I still need to take pictures of my dresser in the "after" glory. I'll post those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment