Sunday, May 22, 2016

hello 32 weeks

32 weeks pregnant! 8 weeks to go! Time is flying by, and I am so grateful for that. I am ready to be done with this pregnancy...and I still have two months to go! Baby Rose likes to try to create space for himself. If I slouch or cross my arms or put any kind of pressure on my belly I get BIIIG kicks telling me to knock that off. I have a feeling he will have my personality...a scary thought as I am quite feisty. He loooves sugar - he moves around like crazy any time I eat the good stuff. The other day I had a banana split and for him it was party time!
 30 weeks pregnant


 32 weeks pregnant - pictures every two weeks instead of 4 these days

The good news finally came in that my blood is fine as far as my lead concern - labs came back all normal. My blood sugar is right on, so no worries for gestational diabetes over here, and my blood pressure is "excellent" (thanks Doc for that compliment) and I am quite pleased with how my pregnancy is going. Let's hope the remaining 8 weeks are just as smooth sailing. I will say, it is STRANGE having a body that doesn't do what you think/expect it should do. At track practice last week I did the warm up with the group and my legs were burning as soon as we started. Whaaat? Also, we went for an 8-minute jog and I could only jog half of it! What the heck? I guess that's what happens when you gain 20 pounds in just a few months...

I'm starting to get the "when are you due?" question with every stranger I encounter. I'm not looking forward to doing that for the next two months. From this point on, I will remember to talk to pregnant women about anything BUT their pregnancies - like give them compliments on their rockin hair or shoes or whatever. I am more than a pregnant person! Rant over.

My 6th graders did well at their track meet on Friday. It's been fun coaching them. We only have a week left so I'm looking forward to getting my time back. Thursday we had practice and it was POURING rain! I scored some free maternity clothes from a girl in our ward and luckily they were still in my car because my bottom half was soaked. I had to change - no way was I driving an hour home in wet pants!
Clay was my model to show how wet it was...the mud on his face is from practicing long jump.
Justin took Jackson in on Thursday to get fixed. He is wearing the cone of shame for the next week while his stitches heal. We've enrolled him in puppy school which begins next week. Justin finally built his Christmas gift which we will put in the boy's room - a lego model of Kilo Ren's command shuttle. Behold...
It shoots bullets and everything!
We did a lot of work in Baby Rose's nursery this week. Justin put in all the new shelving we got from IKEA. It is so fun to see it all come together!




On Saturday I went to a bridal shower yesterday for the daughter of a friend in my ward. Those were all our happenings this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment