Sunday, May 15, 2016

First Track Meet

Monday we had a waiver day which means teachers come to school but students don't. Those are my favorite days!! I swept and mopped my classroom floor with my new cleaning gadget. It only took 15 minutes! Amazing. I graded my student's science fair projects and then we had a staff potluck. After lunch I peaced-out early to go get my blood work done. They got me in quick and told me they would send the results directly to my doctor and it would take 3-4 days. Well I went the whole week without hearing anything, even after calling the doctor and the lab facility. So that is frustrating. I am ready to put this whole thing behind me.

Wednesday 6th graders had their first track meet. I only have seven 6th grade girls to coach. I have maybe three of my seven girls that can run one lap of the track without stopping - ha! - so we didn't do great point-wise at the meet but we had fun! I have one girl that is loaded with talent. She took first place in the hurdles and 100 m dash and this was her first time doing hurdles! It helps that her legs are as tall as tall as my torso.
My tracksters.
We took Jackson to the vet to get a couple of shots have his stool tested for worms. He weighs 62 pounds!! What happened to my puppy?!?! He is HUGE. We love taking him on walks. We took him to the Puyallup farmer's market on Saturday. He does really well around other people and other dogs. Other dogs are lunging and barking at other dogs but Jackson just walks past or just looks at them - good boy! He makes us proud parents.
 Every once and a while I buy doughnuts for a class that is doing really well behavior-wise. Yummm
I got a hair cut this week - love it!

We went to IKEA on Saturday to get shelving for the boy's closet. It was CRAZY busy. There were no parking spots, so we had to go to alternative parking several blocks over and take a shuttle to the store! But we got the shelving we were looking for so I'm excited for Justin to put that together.

It was a chill week overall. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment