Sunday, April 7, 2013

Twin Falls and General Conference

Last weekend we went to our annual Twin Falls temple trip with my family. Justin and I drove Hailey down with us since Trisha and Travis couldn't make it. We didn't have our whole family this time, but it was very enjoyable!

We met Dad at the hotel and waited for Hart to roll it to get something to eat. We decided to grab something small to just hold us over until after we did some temple work. Lance did baptisms with some of the nieces and nephews and Dad, Hart, Jory, Justin, and I did a session. Thanks to Trisha's genealogy work we were able to do some family names, so that was cool! Our session was absolutely packed which was a neat feeling.

After we were done we decided we wanted some breakfast for dinner so we hit IHOP. I love breakfast for dinner! We really liked having some time with Dad and Hart and Jory. They were a lot of fun to visit with.

Saturday morning we had breakfast at the hotel and then watched the cousins play in the pool. Hart played with them and it was fun watching him throw the kids around in the water. After checking out we made our way to Shoshone Falls which is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Twin. The water was really low this year so they weren't booming like they were a few years ago, but I was happy that Justin could see them. We had lunch together at Chick fil A and a cow came through to greet us. Braden got his "autograph." =]
Autograph: 'moo'


Bulletin board at the hotel


Shoshone Falls

Justin and I headed back to Rexburg and got back in time to donate plasma. While Justin was at Priesthood session I decided to run the indoor track. I started out not knowing how much I wanted to do, and then ended up running three miles. When I got done I thought I was going to be sick! I felt terrible. Note to self--do not gorge yourself in Chick fil A and then run three miles. Ever. Again. I felt terrible the rest of the night.

Because of Twin Falls we missed all of Saturday's conference, but today we were able to catch both sessions. I loved Elder Clayton's talk on marriage and Elder Anderson's on missionary work. I liked Elder Anderson's because he emphasized ways for all members to be missionaries. The missionary age change has been huge, but that doesn't mean missionary work is just for full-time missionaries. I love how he said we can paint missionary work on our hearts when we don't have the missionary tag on our shirt. I also enjoyed the emphasis I felt on obedience from both President Monson and Elder Perry. "Obedience to law is liberty," is a true principle. I've already seen a meme with that phrase created on facebook. I think Elder Holland takes the cake every year. You can't help it when he starts wagging his finger at you!

Tonight Justin and I are having friends over for games. They've been good friends with us since we got married, and they're moving to Tennessee so we'll be sad to have them gone.

This week is finals week but it should be pretty chill for me. Justin has a pretty easy week as well. I get to go to Las Vegas again next week to see the school I student teach at including my mentor teacher and other administrators. I'll head straight to Seattle after that trip, so after this week Justin and I get to have some fun with family in Washington. Our sister in-law Laura just had a baby girl, Clara Elisabeth Rose, so we are excited to see the new baby.

Other than that we've been loving the spring weather. Justin and I have been getting up early to exercise  and playing ultimate at night. We'll try to keep these good habits going! That's all our news for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment