Monday, April 22, 2013

Seattle for Spring Break

After my Las Vegas excursion I met the rest of the Roses to spend some time with family in Puyallup and Silverdale. Justin picked me up from the airport and we stayed at Jon and Laura's house that night. They just had a baby girl, Clara Elisabeth Rose, so I got to see her the next morning. She is so precious! We headed to Justin's parents' house that afternoon to do some yard work. Jon Sr. put in a few new trees so we got to help with that and help put up wire to keep the deer away from his garden. He should just hire Chase to be his lookout and shoot the animals that come through. I hung out with Judy (mother in-law) while the men did other work on the roof.

The following day we went to Seattle to play. I got to use my birthday money and gift cards to get some new clothes. We went out to lunch with James and Joe (brothers in-law) at the Cheesecake Factory. I gave a homeless man my leftover sandwich. =] We walked through Pike Place and then headed back to Silverdale. I got some dang cute clothes so it was a fun trip for me! That night we watched the new James Bond movie, Sky Fall.

We headed back to Jon and Laura's house the next day to play some games and eat delicious food. The Beals aren't big into games (except for Rage and the occasional Guesstures) which I find very sad, so it's fun to have my other family to play games with. We went to bed early that night to prepare for the long ride home.

Saturday we drove all day and got back to Rexburg in just 11 hours. Justin and I saw The Host that night. I didn't think it was GREAT, but others really liked it so, whatever. That was pretty much our spring break. I've had two classes today so far. I'm taking a swimming class at 7:45 every Monday and Wednesday, and I just got out of Environmental Geology which is every day for two hours. Now it's time to head to Oceanography...I'm taking 18 credits this semester. Class plus ultimate, plus two jobs....it's going to be a crazy semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment