Sunday, May 12, 2013

Finally a New Post

Well ladies and gentlemen, we are alive! I haven't had time to update in three weeks which is an epic fail.

The first week of school Justin and I participated in the four-on-four tournament held on campus. It felt nice to be able to play rather than coordinate this semester. My team took 3rd place out of 20 teams! Justin's team wasn't that great, so too bad for him.

The following weekend Justin's club team played in the Daweena Tournament in Ogden. I went down with him to take pictures and video and cheer him on. Their team did okay...they lost their first two, but won the last two giving them 3rd place (out of six...meh). So, not the best day, but it was fun anyway!

I gave the RS lesson last Sunday. I talked about visiting teaching in terms of the degrees of glory: outer darkness (you don't even know who you teach and you don't care), telestial kingdom (you know who you teach and you think about doing it, but it doesn't happen) , terrestrial kingdom (you do it because you have to, it's your check off list, etc), and celestial kingdom (you're spiritually in tune and love the sisters). If you're at least thinking about it, that's better than being in rebellion! If you're doing it because you feel like you have to and it's your 'check off list,' well, that's better than not doing it at all! I think we should all have more tolerance for each other when it comes to home and visiting teaching. So we're not perfect--who cares? Let people try to be better.

This weekend I had a geology field trip to Utah. We looked at houses that have been destroyed by landslides. We learned about the soils in the Salt Lake Valley. We went to one street and after crossing a fence we saw a fresh landslide! A few classmates and I hiked down through the brush and jumped the river to get our pictures by it. It was an extremely long day, but I enjoyed the nice weather and sunshine.

Last week the highlight of the week was eating Pizza Hut with my parents and Chase and Rachel on Tuesday. I'm in a practical homemaking class that I LOVE. I made a pillow case and now I'm finishing an apron. I'll get those pictures up when I get my grade on Tuesday. I love sewing. I would love to make my own maxi dress...now I just need a $2000 sewing machine ;)

Relief Society has been so much easier this semester. I learned how to use MLS which is the church's software program for putting VT together. It is so much easier now! We have ward conference next week and I've been asked to speak. I'm one of those strange people that enjoys giving talks, so I'm looking forward to sharing.

Ultimate starts this week. We played in a showcase game to get people excited about playing and had a ton of fun. I'm coaching again with my best-frisbee-friend Jessica. I'm so excited to play again.

Other than that classes are going well. I'm half way through my two first-block classes, so that makes me very happy! My first test is this week with another geology field trip on Friday.

Today for Mother's Day our ward got all the women a rose and some Hershey's kisses. I'm very grateful to my mom and all she does for my family. She has such a fun personality and she's taught me the importance of being a good wife and mother. If I can be like her when I'm a mom, I will be a successful parent!

Photo description in order of appearance: 1 four on four lay out 2-8 Ogden tournament 9-11 geology field trip 12-16 showcase game *Jessica is my assistant who caught the disc on turf like a boss!































No comments:

Post a Comment