Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial weekend

This week at school was good. I finished the sewing portion of my practical homemaking class and now we're onto cooking. This week we made orange Julius and chicken noodle soup. For my homework I have to make a smoothie and something that has homemade noodles. I'm going to make Mitzi's creamy chicken noodle soup for homework. Woot. Wednesday night I participated in a geology demo night for the community. I was in charge of the geology museum so when people came through I told them about the minerals and fossils and our aquarium. Most people didn't care to ask questions, but one guy had a TON of questions which I loved. Tuesday we went to the sand dunes north of Rexburg and had tin foil dinners with Chase and Rachel and a few other married friends. He punched me in the arm and gave me a dead arm for like 15 seconds...I'm ready for Chase's original punching bag to get home (Keaton). For FHE we had a nerf gun fight in porter park. Thursday night we went to Sammy's for our date. I love their pie shakes! I also got a couch for $35! We love it! A couple in our ward are moving and they were trying to sell their furniture. She originally wanted $100 but I told her it was out of our budget. She was desperate by the end of the week and we got it for $35. It was a total steal. We love it!
This weekend Justin and I went to Arco for Memorial Day weekend. We left Friday and I skipped my class (that goes from 3-5 on Friday afternoons) to go home. Turns out I missed a stupid attendance quiz....so now I'm failing that class. Really? I'm so annoyed.
My mom texted me during the week and asked if we had any requests. I said WATERMELON! We've eaten a whole watermelon mostly between my mom and me in the past two days. Mmm. Most of Friday night we visited and ate taco soup.
Saturday morning we spent some quality time working on the farm. Justin helped Dad burn ditches and Mom and I went on a 2 mile walk looking for asparagus. We found some, but nothing like the gold mine I remember as a kid. That afternoon Justin and I shot guns together, played crocket, and tossed a frisbee. Mom made her delicious white bread and we drove around the valley trying to give it away to neighbors but nobody was home! Their loss. Justin helped Dad put up siding around the patio, and that night we watched "Sergeant York" and "Jack Reacher."
Sunday we had church at nine and came home to Mom's delicious Sunday dinner. We watched "Safe Haven" in the afternoon and made chocolate chews. We watched Sister Monson's funeral and went for a Sunday drive around the valley. We visited the cemetery as well. We watched "The Thrill of it All" which is a cute 60's movie.
Memorial Day morning we had breakfast at the church and Justin helped my dad some more while Mom and I picked more asparagus. We left Arco and headed to the Menan Butte to go for a hike with Justin's brother James and married couples we're friends with (Ryan and Sara; Alex and Leslie). We hiked to the west side of the butte where I hadn't been before and we saw some really neat stuff! I was wishing I had my rock hammer, but I did have my hand lens so that was good. We had lunch at the top and just had fun climbing around.
That evening I made Mitzi's creamy chicken noodle soup for my practical homemaking homework. We invited James to enjoy it with us. We had FHE after dinner, and played frisbee after. We topped the day off with snow cones at snoasis. It was a wonderful day!
The next few weeks are going to be busy busy. Now that I tutor three classes, I have a lot more appointments with my second job, and this week I am all booked up. I have an oceanography test this Thursday and a field trip to Montana on Saturday. The weekend after that I get to go to the Grand Canyon again, but this time free of charge. The teacher for that class just happened to ask if I wanted to go so so woot woot! This time we're going to the south rim and to some arches I've never seen, so I may like this trip better than the one I did last year where we did the north rim. If anything, I know this one will be less dangerous! I wish Justin could come with me! That's all our news. Enjoy the pictures.

























No comments:

Post a Comment