Saturday, March 30, 2013

We turned 21!

My twin brother and I had our 21st birthday this week. He's on his mission now so we didn't celebrate together. Now that we're growing up we probably won't be celebrating together very often. Nevertheless, my sweet husband planned a great day with me. He originally planned surprise birthday party for me, but when I accidentally found out about it we made other plans.

My day started out with breakfast in bed, and for lunch we went to Costa Vida. Thanks to one of their text-deals, we got deep dish nachos and two drinks for $6. The nachos are so big you can split it with one person and be happy.

After that we zipped to Idaho Falls. My phone has had drama for a very long time, so we took it in to get fixed, and it was ready for pick up. Turns out the Best Buy Geeks say the Thunderbolt has had tons of issues, so I'm not alone in my frustration. When they turned on my phone, they realized it wasn't fixed, so they sent it back for repair. I told them they could just give me a new phone, I mean c'mon, it was my birthday! Ha, didn't work.

My Grandma Beal is on the verge of death. It's sad but true. I decided I wanted to see her on my birthday so Justin and I made a stop at Turtle and Crane and saw her. I was proud of her; she remembered Justin's name and his major and where he was from after only telling her once. She always thinks I'm Mitzi because she just can't comprehend that 'little Kelsey' is all grown up and married now! Me niether Grandma!

When we got home we skyped Justin's mom, Judy, and I finished some homework. Then we went out to sushi! I love sushi. I used to go at least once a semester, but I haven't been since my birthday last year, so it was a great treat! Trisha, James & his girlfriend (Justin's brother), and Scott and Christina (our married friends), joined us for the occasion. This was Justin's first time having sushi and he quite liked it. Poor Trisha being pregnant meant she couldn't have raw fish, but she had a 'cooked sushi roll' and quite liked it. I had a sampler plate which has all sorts of different kinds of sushi on it which is the best! Mmm I love it. From there we bought my favorite ice cream at Broulims (Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip!) and had Trisha at our house to eat some. 

Overall it was a fantastic day. I got to spend all day with Justin. The weather was sour but everything else was wonderful! Chase and Rachel brought me strawberry cheesecake the night before which I'm sad to say is now gone! It was so good! My mom, Jon & Judy, and Jon & Laura sent me gifts through the mail, and my husband got me (drumroll) an ipad! I was shocked. He got it for a great deal off Ebay and now he can use my laptop for his accounting classes since his laptop is broken. You'll have to click on the pictures to see the whole thing...we're trying to figure out doing blog posts off the ipad. 


That weekend we had friends over to play the 'Tripole" game Mitzi showed me a few months ago. Justin had a second interview with the company we are excited about in Las Vegas. My parents surprised us this week and took Justin and I along with Chase and Rachel out to lunch.

I did my RAD simulation this week. This is where we dress up in protective gear, and we have several "aggressors" attack us in various ways and we have to use our techniques to get away. They record it so you can watch after and see it all in real time. I did the simulation at Madison high school in the wrestling room. I had some sweet combinations, and my instructor said she's going to submit my video to the RAD Hall of Fame. Heck yes! It really was awesome. I want to do it again.


Justin has been busy coaching the club men's team. I've been stressed trying to get girls to commit. I think it will be better when the actual season starts in the spring. For now we've been in love with this beautiful 57 degree weather!

We are excited to have Easter dinner with Chase and Rachel tomorrow. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know that He lives, and that through His atonement, I can be forgiven of my sins and live again with Him. I'm grateful for a modern-day prophet whom Christ communicates with directly to lead His children during these troubled times. I'm so grateful for the holy temples that dot this good earth. The work we do there makes it possible for me to have an eternal family and to provide others the same blessing. Christ is my redeemer, and the Savior of the world. I know He lives!





No comments:

Post a Comment