Saturday, March 16, 2013

Girl's Weekend

Last weekend my sneaky sisters and I planned a surprise baby shower for Trisha. My sisters in-law, sisters, and mother gathered for (what I presume will become) our annual girl gathering. We had too much fun!

We all arrived Friday and stayed up late watching The Help, sewing hearts, and chat-chat-chatting! It was so fun to listen to everyone and to add my two-cents every once and a while.

That night when we all went to bed everyone pulled party gifts out of their cars and assembled the party. I did my duty keeping Trisha distracted in bed while everyone else got things ready.

Saturday morning I had some online homework left to do, but I was greeted after my assignment by crepes prepared by Jory! Nutella strawberry whip cream toasted almond crepe please? Delicious! Not to mention the ham & cheese crepes...yum!

After the ladies got ready we proceeded to open gifts. My mom, Mitzi, Rachel, and I pitched in and bought Trisha a date night complete with a Red Robin gift card and a gift card to Edward's Theater. She also got a voucher for free baby sitting by me and some make up. Rachel got her a baby seat cover that didn't get through the mail in time (blarg!) and Trisha got a ton of great baby clothes and diapers from everyone else. I spent some time that morning curling some of the sisters' hair with my wand curling iron. Fun fun!










We had Anna's fantastic soup for lunch and ate all afternoon. The highlight of the day was going to Family Dollar where I scored a great lamp and Mitzi and Rachel scored cute maxi skirts. Who knew??


We ate Christy's amazing sweet chile enchiladas that night and sewed some more. I think we sewed a total of over 30 hearts. These hearts were Jory's idea and they will all go to kids in hospitals. We watched Pitch Perfect and Rachel and I did our nails French tip! Most of the party crashed after that but Mitzi, Jory, and I watched Dan in Real Life. After cleaning up the house a little Mitzi and I were motivated to do one more movie, so we watched 27 Dresses. She hadn't seen it the whole way through before and due to our fatigue it made everything that much better! Thanks do daylight-savings-time, that put us to bed at 3 AM.



Sunday we had a tremendous church service! We had great talks in sacrament meeting about the atonement. Sunday school was also good, but Relief Society my mom taught the lesson and having all my sisters around made it so special! I cried the whole meeting.



After devouring my mom's Sunday dinner (not to be forgotten, thanks to Mitzi's tantrum!) we all took off. Trisha, Rachel, and I all drove together. That 90 minute drive is so pleasant when we are talking the whole time! I loved the weekend so much, but I was missing my husband so bad! Newlyweds...lol. Kuddos to Christy for putting the whole thing together, and Trisha for giving us a great reason to get together. Hooray for my mom for having 9 kids, two of which are my sisters giving me 5 amazing sisters-in-law. LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment