Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm alive!

Hello all! Life is crazy. I have no life. I get up at 6:30 and go to bed at 10:30 after working all day until 7 or 8. I go to the gym after work all day so I literally crash every night!

I have a part time job. I'm a tutor at the reading center which helps students with disabilities or the students who are international and need a little extra help. The good news is, after I've studied what to teach them in our tutoring sessions, I can apply those same strategies to my own studies and get paid for it. It's funny to me to "learn" about study strategies because I already do them so I'm thinking "duh" when people around me are like "great idea!" So I'm going to basically get paid to do what I've always done with my school work, which is great.

Ultimate Frisbee is a no this semester. Groups get together at the I-Center to play, but last night we were banned because it's too dangerous. I want to throw an Ultimate civil rights day--Ultimate players are athletes too!

Boys--I love them. Cute ones are EVERYWHERE! I am so boy crazy it's not even funny. How do you pick just one when I want to flirt with them ALL???!!! That's easy--I don't choose just one! I am in love with all sorts of hotties...Stewart, Evan, Austin, Joseph, and I haven't even met all the hotties in my ward! YESSSSSSSS

I am currently thinking about changing my major. Guys--I think I'm a scientist. When I was little, I would look at stuff like a door and think, "I wonder what it would be like to be that door...I know it's not alive, but what would it be like to be what the door is?" Since then I've learned all about atoms which is what all matter is made out of. So when I was little I thought about what it would be like to be the atoms the door is made of I just didn't know it! I just love science. I'm in a "Origins of the Universe" science class this semester. It is hard, but it is awesome.

Speaking of classes, take a look at this schedule: (I'm taking 15 credits this semester)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
7:45-8:45 Advanced Writing and Critical Thinking
9:00-10:00 Origins of the Universe
10:15-11:15 Nutrition

Tuesday, Thursday
7:45-8:45 Doctrine and Covenants
9:00-10:00 History and Philosophy of Education

On Mondays I also take an "Intro to Literary Studies" class and I'm taking a class for my job too, so it's insane! I get done early but I am working all afternoon doing tons of homework. Today for example...I was in the library from noon to 7:30...why does it take me so long to do all of it??

On top of all that I have exciting news: I have been called as the new Relief Society President!

*Here's the story; last year they rearranged all the wards, so I'm in a totally different stake and ward now than I was in the fall. My bishopric came over last week to meet us, and the 1st counselor Brother Kelley said to me, "They must've taken all the personality in Arco and put it inside you!" The next morning (Friday) I got a text from Bishop Kunz asking me to give a talk on Sunday. He told me I could pick my topic and to speak for 12 minutes. I decided to speak on moral agency because that is my favorite thing in the world to talk about (thank you Brother Webb and the best class ever; American Foundations)!!!! Sunday after I gave my talk I was sitting in Sunday school and Bishop asked me to see him after Relief Society. Kelsey Montgomery (she was Relief Society President last spring) turned to me when he left and said, "You are SO the new RS Pres!!!" Sure enough, that's what happened! I am excited but scared...but excited.

Before school started I went snowboarding at Targhee. They have a two for one coupon you can find if you have connections like I do, so if you're interested let me know I can hook you up! That was a great day, and I finally got carving DOWN! It finally clicked and I was racing down the mountain after that! I LOVE SNOWBOARDING! It's such a rush!

Now I'm just catching up on Bill O'Reilly and after I submit this I'm hitting the exercise room in our new lounge. Fabulous! I got a call from Alex the other day which made my day to hear from him for a minute, and I've been trying to hang out with Trisha but something always crops up! I'm planning on going to Rigby Saturday to watch Hailey play basketball. =] Huzzah! A blog post that didn't take me 100 years to write. Future posts will be similar. Peace out!

Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I love reading about college life. It is so fun! Oh the memories. Good luck with the new calling, that should be crazy good times.

    ReplyDelete