Saturday, December 24, 2011

Last Happenings

I haven't had a chance to blog about my last week in Rexburg yet, so here I go.

I am one of the two activities coordinators for my ward. Monday night we organized our ward talent show. We had dinner before the show that I arranged through catering through the school. It was awesome! We had herb-crusted pork loin, potatoes au gratin, steamed vegetables, rolls, and then raspberry cheesecake and eggnog for dessert. I hate eggnog, and so does my roommate, but she and I decided to do a shot just for fun, and I ended up laughing (no surprise there, I'm sure) and spewing it out. Luckily I made it to the kitchen before, so I didn't make a mess. ;)

The talent show was great! Lauren and I performed the closing act and received a standing ovation. She and I had been practicing that duet since we got back from Thanksgiving. We played it absolutely *perfect right before dinner, but made a few mistakes during the actual performance. Oh well, I'm over it...but she and I remember that time we played it perfect! We were so giddy that night, as you can see in the video I posted last week!

I went to a high school basketball game Wednesday night with Lauren and my Arco friend Nathan Davies. My co-worker has a son who plays for Madison, and she said the year before when they played Rigby at home it was a crazy wild game, and I thought, "What the heck?" Lauren and Davies play sports, so they were excited too, and they appreciated my reasoning for going.


It was a really fun game to watch. Basketball goes by much faster than Frisbee! There was one guy from Rigby who lit it up! He was really fun to watch.

Lauren bought an Aaron Carter CD at Hasting's and she took a video of us dancing to him in our room. She and I have been known to turn on anything Justin Bieber and rock out in our whole apartment (when we're home alone, of course...I'd never be THAT roommate). One time she and I were dancing and opened the door because we were actually getting hot. Then her volleyball coach (tall, cute, 6'6" volleyball player) came over and we were so embarrassed! But he was cool about it and danced with us. ;)

Thursday morning I took my friends to the temple with me. Davies said he hadn't been once the whole semester, and I said that was absolutely unacceptable, so Lauren, Grace, and I went with him. The temple is always a good time. Love it!

That night my friend Brett organized an indoor Frisbee tournament at the I-Center. We took up about four basketball courts and played for two hours. My feet were killing me -- I don't have the right shoes for that floor -- but we had a lot of fun. He came over to my apartment after and played a game of Settlers with Lauren and I. I killed them both! I had a brick port and two settlements (later cities) on brick spots.


After the game he hung around until midnight. We looked at youtube videos and he took a video of Lauren and I dancing...no big deal. =]

Friday was my last day of work. I wrote Judy a nice letter and I wrapped up a Book of Mormon and gave it to my other friend Angie. Judy ended up sending me a Christmas present in the mail that got here earlier this week, so that was so nice of her! She and I became really good friends... which is funny because she's about Mom and Dad's age. Angie called me later and thanked me for my gift. She didn't say anything else...I'm sure she's been proselyted to a hundred times, but you never know! I wrote my testimony in the front and marked my favorite scripture, plus the famous promise in the back. I was thinking about it...Angie is the sixth person I've given a Book of Mormon to. My roommates ask me if I want to serve a mission...I tell them I'll jump that hurdle when I get there. I want to graduate before that, and I may be married between now and then, so...it's hard to say. If everything goes according to plan, I'll be graduated with my BA two years from now. =]

Friday night I hung out with my friends and did my white glove cleaning job. I was up until just before 4AM doing all that nonsense.

Saturday I helped my roommate get ready to leave, and she and I pulled out of Rexburg about the same time. She hooked me up with a bunch of kitchen gear since she can't really take that stuff back to Puerto Rico. She grew up in Boston, but her family lives there now because of her father's job. But anyway--Thanks Lauren!

That night Chase and I went to our old friend Hannah's wedding reception. She had the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. I want it! I think December weddings/engagements are the most romantic things in the universe...but my mother has told me if I get married in December, she's not going because of slick roads. ;) Love you Mom!

So that was my last week in Rexburg. I can't wait to start school in January. I get to live on the first floor like I did in the summer, and I get to live with my best friend Kelsey Montgomery! I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment