Saturday, January 14, 2012

This Week

Hello all! Looks like right now will be the only time I have to blog this week (2:30 AM...I feel fine about that).

So far the semester has been pretty crazy. I know I'm going to have to rely on Heavenly Father to get me through all the stress! Class work has been pretty straight forward so far, but my work schedule is now in effect and it's just crazy how much I am doing "something" all day.

When I'm not in class, I go to the tutoring center and clock in for 15 minutes to see if anyone "needs anything" and then I clock out and do homework until the next hour and do that again. They do this to us at the beginning to weed out the flakes or those who don't really want this job, so I've been diligently attending to my duty of clocking in every hour on the hour for 15 minutes, asking if anything needs done (there never is; except today I made copies--woop woop) and then get to my homework.

I think this is fine, but I can't study there. Everyone is so loud so I can't wait for that part to be done so I can stop going there and I can go back to my peaceful solace in the first floor computer lab.

But yeah--work has been a big part of this week. Also, the frisbee players were banned from playing in the I-Center because it's "too dangerous" so they make us play in the Hart gym; where there is a two-foot drop all around the perimeter of the court. Yeah--THAT'S real safe when you're chasing down a frisbee looking nowhere but up. I declared that we should do a frisbee civil rights day. Maybe do some sort of sitting protest on the courts. It's just stupid. Ultimate players are athletes too! If they can play soccer in the I-Center, SURELY they we can toss a frisbee around. Idiots.

I went to the first devotional of the semester on Tuesday and it rocked my world it was so good.

I called my counselors this week too and had our first meeting. That was pretty chill. I picked chill girls so that was a relief (I didn't know any of them before I met them).

I got to go to lunch with my parents and Chase the other day. I'm having him over for Sunday dinner tomorrow.

In a few hours I'm going snowboarding all day. It will be good to get out and leave all the stress behind me and just have a few hours of solace on the hill.

I had a fun night tonight. A bunch of friends and I got together and had pizza, played games, and watched the new Planet of the Apes. If you're looking for an action movie, look elsewhere; I found it rather lame. But it was still good.

Well that's all for now. See you guys later

1 comment:

  1. I think you should totally get paid even if they don't have anything for you to do. That would be sweet! I can't even tell you how many jobs I've had like that. Ha.

    ReplyDelete