Monday, September 28, 2020

September Days

 Justin had been sick for a few days last week and I was VERY diligent about not catching it. I'm thrilled that the kids and I escaped his cold. I made him quarantine for one of the days and glared at him anytime he came into the kitchen and started touching stuff πŸ˜‚. I was doping up on zinc and elderberry along with my "trifecta" supplements I take for immune support, my probiotic, and Vit D sprays πŸ˜„ If I felt a tickle in my throat at all I took more zinc and drank honey-lemon water. I started to like the honey-lemon so much that I drank it all week. 

Monday we rode bikes down to Mom and Dad's and the neighbor's yuppy dog came out and chased the kids. The dog didn't bite them but it scared them pretty bad. Dad came walking out and told the neighbor kids who were there, "I'll shoot that dog if I have to." πŸ˜‚ Meanwhile I taught the kids to yell at the dog if it comes to chase them again. I asked Mom and Dad to come scope out a camper I was tempted to buy, but we decided against it. We decided a pickup truck is a bigger priority so we'll keep our eyes peeled for a deal.


I'm saving a couple of cobs to collect the seeds in case I can't get any for next year.



My flowers are looking so pretty 😍




Taking the camper for a test drive.



hide-n-seek

Tuesday I made copy-cat Cafe Rio sweet pork and made nachos. They were to die for! Yumm - so good. I've been tweaking the copy-cat recipes for the sweet pork and the house dressing and this was my favorite batch yet.

When we got on our bikes for our daily bike ride, Emmett was taking forever to get his bike. When I went to see what was taking so long, Emmett informed me, "Mama! I want to be strong like Nephi and brave like Abinadi and Captain Moroni and ride my big boy bike!" πŸ˜‚ Okay little man! He pedaled all the way to Granny's like he'd been doing it forever. 



Logan chowin' on the nachos



Wednesday I went to a volleyball game with Chelsie. They girls played Grace which was an added bonus, and they beat them in three matches which was so satisfying. Grace is THE WORST - I love to see them lose. Sorry, not sorry. After the game I drove to Lacy's so she could show me how to do their chores while they went on a trip. The kids have been enjoying going to feed the horses every day. 
I'm enjoying my longer hair 😍 



We had extra corn that wasn't really good for eating, so we saved it to give to the horses

I dug all the potatoes! We had a few decent-sized ones.



This pine tree in Mom's yard is getting cut down this week



Urban has this electric tractor the kids look forward to riding when we go feed the horses.
Friday I canned pears all morning with what remaining bottles and sugar I had πŸ˜‚. With three cups of sugar and 20 bottles to fill, I hope the syrup ratio works out. Cherokee babysat for us so we could go to the football game against Challis. They did their fundraiser that day and I bought a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I enjoyed about six of them while we watched. When we got home we biked down to Granny's and Gramp's to share the last two doughnuts with them.


Emmett got his first birthday party invitation from one of his preschool classmates for Saturday afternoon. We went to Family Dollar and let him pick out some toys for a gift and headed to the park. Justin stayed with the kids for the whole time while Chelsie picked me up to carpool to a baby shower in Mackay. Bryea is having a girl after two boys so we're excited for her! Watching her open all the adorable baby girl clothes made me itch for a girl! As she opened different outfits I would think, "I want that in my size." I'm pretty sure if I have a girl at some point, I'll be sporting mommy-n-me matching outfits constantly. 


pinata party time


They had this cool swinging toy at Bryea's mom's house - I want one!

One of the other guests asked if anyone wanted any cats. I said I did! She asked how many? Lol - people here have a hard time giving their cats away, there are so many.  So I asked for two. Sunday after church and naps we walked to Mom and Dad's for a while, fed the horses, and while we were gone she came by and delivered them. We came home to two new kittens. I had told Emmett and Logan that morning that a surprise was coming and they were pretty excited. Now to keep them alive and around with our rambuncious puppy.





meeting their kittens

This morning Logan got up at 5:45...so I'll definitely plan on taking a nap later 😁  

No comments:

Post a Comment