Sunday, September 13, 2020

Happy Anniversary

 We decided to take the kids fishing to the Dam - we didn't last long and they enjoyed the worms more than the actual fishing. That's okay.๐Ÿ˜







A few Sundays ago I hopped into Mom and Dad's car along with Trisha to go to Blake's mission farewell. Blake did an amazing job on his talk relating service to his wrestling experiences. Lance and Katie put on a yummy lunch afterward and I got to meet baby Luke for the first time! Trisha stayed the night in Arco so the next day we rode our bikes to a neighbor's house to check out her garden. I'm tempted to build a greenhouse for our garden. It was COOOOLD that morning hence the kids in coats and blankets.
A couple weeks ago Justin and I had our eight year anniversary. Mom babysat so we could celebrate. We did our monthly Costco shopping together at the new Idaho Falls store and even took some time to meander through Hobby Lobby. We ate at Jaker's and came home. Justin is sooooo handsome pushing that Costco cart let me tell ya.
Oh hello there
yummy chocolate dessert - I guess we couldn't be bothered to take a picture together๐Ÿ˜‚
We got the kids their Halloween costumes and they've been getting some good wear out of them 

One guy stopped his truck while driving past the park and asked me, "Ma'am? Where did you get those costumes?" ๐Ÿ˜ He said he would have to go get some for his grandsons.
Emmett took his caterpillar-turned-chrysalis to preschool on his first day.
We made a new flower bed the weekend before Labor Day (we always did some kind of yard/house project on Labor Day weekend at our house in WA and it would appear that tradition has stuck).

Mom has been so generous sharing all her flowers with us. We've been able to give this property a major face-lift for free all thanks to her!

A lady was selling a never-been-opened headboard and bedframe on our Lost River Classifieds page that I snagged and called it our anniversary gift. We were able to turn around and sell the headboard and frame we had been using right away. I'm SO HAPPY with the upgrade!
I love when my boys pick me flowers and bring them to me to put in my hair
I'm SO grateful Emmett gets to have normal preschool this year! His teacher said to me after his first day: "Emmett is a diffferent kid. What did you do?" I laughed and then on the way home I cried. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’— The irony was when I got home I wrote in my journal about it listing out some of the details of the last year, and exactly a year ago 9/3/2019 I started an SPD journal documenting his behaviors. My boy has come a looooong way and my mama heart is so proud and happy.





So much personality with this sweet boy
While Emmett is at preschool, Logan and I get lots of quality time together. 




Mom has also been giving me tons of flowers for my garden edge for next year. 



The Saturday of Labor Day weekend it was projected to be in the 90's so I made a last-minute decision to head to Rigby Lake with the kids! Shae, Brie, and McCoy joined us and we had fun for a couple hours before the big crowds showed up. We stopped at Trisha's on the way home for ice cream sandwiches.






Justin knocked down the horse corral and Dad came through with his plough which opened up everything south of the garden. If we buy this property we'd love to build a big old shed here that could be our weight room/racquetball court/indoor space to play in the winter months.
Sunday singing time
My new headboard

Emmett's new "cheese" smile pose
On Labor Day we took advantage of the good weather and froze a ton of corn with Justin's help. Good thing we did too because starting that night we had crazy 70 mph winds that really did a number on the corn and we had our first freeze of the season that same week.
Mom dropped off a ton of raspberry starts so we added two and a half more rows of raspberries for next year.










We did 30 bags of corn that each had about 3 cups of corn 
Lousy windy days call for painting time
I got a couple new plants at Town and Country when I went to Rigby Lake. After the freeze I planted them with the kids.

Mmmmm pork tacos
My corn after the storm! It's all ratty now hahaha but the corn is still delicious and we're still harvesting every day.

I broke out my fall wreath and put our garden pumpkins out on the front porch.
While Emmett was at preschool we had friends over to play. All they wanted to do was pick and shuck the corn and eat it for lunch.

He's looking so big

We helped Mom rip out some of her flowers - we enjoy riding our bikes to her house in the evenings.
Mom gave me two lillies for next year
We got Teddy snipped last week - so far it hasn't done a thing for his hyper energy so I guess I'll have to wait two more years for him to chill out. The vet didn't give him a cone so Justin got creative with my travel pillow (no, I did not approve of this use of my pillow).๐Ÿ˜


We have mastered the Costco-hotdog routine
Hart and Jory came with Brynn and Kyle on their way to drop them off at college. Gabe, Spencer, and Benett came too. We had dinner Saturday night and then drove up to Elbow Canyon. The weathering granites were fantastic - Emmett insisted on picking up rocks and bringing them home in his backpack. You all know I'm thrilled about that! 


Ice cream and pumpkin pie after the hike (thank you Costco for having pumpkin pies ready in September - you're the real MVP)
Properly introducing Kyle to the Beals with a game of Rage. I was SO TIRED as you can plainly see.

Ahhh...such a great picture if I wasn't trying to wrangle Logan๐Ÿ˜…

No comments:

Post a Comment