Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Seminar

Last week I attended the annual Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas. That is always a highlight! I love every minute of it. I missed my goal to become a sales director to debut on stage, but I've reset my sights to finish in December and attend Leadership Conference in January in Los Angeles. So wish me luck! Here are pictures from the event.
All the gals that attended from our unit. 

Lots of gals from our future national area
At Jan Harris's last red jacket rally...she made $10 million in commissions last year!

Jan Harris: this was her last seminar because she's retiring.



One morning we learned from the top nationals in our division. Jeanie Martin is speaking here and she  is one of my new favorites! 

This is Cassie from Kentucky...new friend!

On point! On our way to awards night.
Wednesday Justin and I got up early early (3:00) to get to the airport at 4:00 for me to get on my plane that left at 5:00. Thank you Justin for driving me to and from! It took me 30 minutes to get through security so I was getting nervous about missing my flight but It was fine. From the airport in Dallas I took a shuttle to downtown to get to my Red Jacket Rally. Every new director took about three minutes to share with us, so it was great information! That evening Jan Harris had her last area banquet. Can you believe Wolfgang Puck catered our meal? Pretty crazy-awesome!

Thursday we had the new National Sales Directors debut and Director debuts. This is my favorite part of all seminar. Four of the five nationals came from the Jan Harris "MK family" three favorites being Lily Gauthreax, Crystal Trojanowski, and Patti Olson. That night we had our soon-to-be national area banquet and I got a ribbon and a couple plaques for the work I've done this past year. Fun fun!

Friday we had classes all morning and then awards night from 3:00-7:00. There was a lot of security that night because this is where Mary Kay gives away thousands upon THOUSANDS of dollars of REAL diamond rings to consultants and directors. A gal from our area earned a diamond ring so that was fun to watch her cross stage!

Saturday we had closing ceremonies where the top three directors in the seminar spoke. That's also one of my favorite parts. You hear something new every seminar. I wasn't as excited to go this year because I had missed my goals, and when that happens its hard to not feel like everyone is looking down on you...but MK is a safe place to fail, and I learned things I needed to hear for where I am in my MK journey. I'm excited to keep going and watch it all unfold. I really love my MK business and truly believe there's a place in MK for every woman, whether she is benefiting from this opportunity or from our products. We are #1 in direct sales AND have the #1 skin care for a reason!

There's nothing like coming back to the real world after my "pink bubble week" than going into the dentist's office Monday morning and having FOUR CAVITIES filled...it was torture. Three of the four were wedged between my teeth...it was a rough day yesterday! But I'm looking forward to our housewarming party this coming Saturday. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment