Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fun Week

Last week I got a call from Auburn School District to come in for "middle school science interviews...". They didn't say which school or for what grade I would be teaching, but I showed up and had my first interview last Wednesday. I met with the principal, assistant, and science supervisor. Rachel - with all of her interviewing experience - gave me some great ideas for things to say in an interview, and they called me to come back for a second interview on Friday (thanks Rachy!). This time I interviewed with the principal and superintendent. After a few questions, they had me leave the room for them to chat about me. I waited maybe 30 seconds before they called me back in and offered me a job on the spot. Woot! I'll be teaching 7th grade science at Cascade middle school in Auburn. The location isn't ideal meaning I am no longer spoiled with having my school 10 minutes down the road, but I'm looking forward to it! The principal is a PLU graduate (where Laura graduated from and now works) and I really like him. He is very chill....at our second interview he came in his exercise clothing claiming "I have to work out after this!" Ha! I thought maybe I should be worried but...after my administrators last year who were CRAZY I'm thinking it will be a breath of fresh air.

The sad news is, I have had to take a lot of additional tests - hours and hours - to be certified in this state. I took my last test (or what I thought would be my last test) on Thursday and I actually failed. I know! Me! Failed a test! My first time ever! I didn't even feel bad...that test was crazy hard. You either knew the answer or you didn't and I definitely guessed on at least 50% of it. I have until January to pass the stupid thing. Wish me luck!

Justin and I found a dresser on craigslist that is to-die-for cute! The sellers delivered it on Saturday and it now holds our TV. I can't even tell you how much I love it! I still need to take a picture of it and post it...

Saturday we also went to the Bite of Seattle with Jon and Laura. This was my first introduction to Seattle three years ago when Justin brought me to meet his family. I love the atmosphere of walking around to all the booths and eating the awesome food! Later we went to IKEA and got a desk, then went to Lake Tapps to play in the water. Sunday we had our annual MK awards night. It was a fun-filled weekend :)



Epic Corn Dog!

Fat Boy dipped in chocolate? Don't mind if I do...



My friend Taylor at our awards night...we dressed identically! Pearl drop earings, green necklace, and ivory dress. We have impeccable style ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment