Sunday, September 28, 2014

Ultimate Tournament and New Hair

Last weekend Justin and I drove with our friends Todd and Christine Brooks to Morgan Hill, California (near San Francisco) for the USAU Ultimate Frisbee Southwest Regional Tournament. Back when we went to Idaho for James's wedding, our team played at Sectionals in Arizona and qualified for the tournament. I was totally deceived because I thought we were driving to San DIEGO not San FRANCISCO, so what I thought would be a four-hour drive on Friday turned into an eight-hour drive. Not fun. But I wasn't feeling well so I slept most of the way.

The flu is going around at my school, and even after diligently washing my hands after each class period, before eating lunch, and before going home, it caught up to me Thursday night. It was a bummer that my health was not up to speed for such a fun tournament, but I was still able to play alright.

We played four games on Saturday. One of them was against the #1 team in the nation! We managed to score one point on them...haha. We lost all our games but we were happy we qualified in the first place, so we had a lot of fun. There are several Mormons on our team, so Sunday we didn't play and our team knows we don't play on Sundays, so that was a good opportunity to share a little bit about the gospel with some of our teammates. Super funny: we went to sacrament meeting in Morgan Hill, and Mitzi's ex-boyfriend was conducting. I recognized the name (because, though I don't remember him or any of that relationship, I do remember joking about "Mitzi Frisbey" or at least hearing family joke about it) and sent Mitzi a creeper picture to see if it was him: it was!! It is SUCH a small world when you are Mormon.



Epic Catch... I know





Our huge umbrella was a hit! 


We had some legitimate Mexican food after the tournament...too hot for me!

Last Monday I cut my hair! I read Dressing Your Truth several weeks ago and purchased the online course to learn more about dressing my truth. It's a program that teaches you to dress on the outside true to the nature of you on the inside. After doing a ton of research, studying, and searching for the perfect stylist, I went for a bold new look that I absolutely LOVE! People seem to either love it or hate it. My 1st period class pretty much all hated it. One of my kids came in, took one look at me, and with a grimace on his face said, "Do you like it?"

I replied, "I really do!"

To which he replied, "Well...I guess that's all that matters." Ha! Gotta love the honesty. 2nd period, however, totally validated me and said it looked great. My favorite line of the day came from one of my 2nd period students. She said, "Mrs. Rose... you slay." Oh my gosh. I died. So funny. These kids have tons of personality. They're my favorite people!

I'm donating my hair, but locks of love won't accept bleached hair, so I'll have to explore other options. Behold my new hair....beware of selfie overload.










Ha...crazy kids. But I loved it!



Date night with this guy! Cafe Rio and Pitch Perfect at the park :) aca-amazing
I cut his hair today....lookin' fine!


This week the temperature got down to 70 degrees during the day!!! What???!!?!?!!! It was AMAZING! The weather says next week it should jump back to the 100's...boo. Justin and I are practicing with our team regularly to get ready for a tournament here in November. That's pretty much our news. Everything else is same-old, same-old. Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment