Sunday, June 22, 2014

Utah Summer Games

On Monday Justin and I joined an ultimate summer league. I'm not sure how many weeks it will go, but they split us into teams and now every Monday night we'll have two games of competitive ultimate. We really enjoyed last Monday night even though it was really windy. With all the Insanity we've been doing we were able to play the full two hours without any subs!

I got a call from the ward executive secretary to meet with our bishop on Thursday. I have a new calling but I get to keep my old calling so I still get to do ward missionary stuff. I'm a new relief society teacher which I'm happy about. Justin got a new calling as well along with being ward missionary. He's now the first counselor in the Sunday school presidency. 

The blower on our car quit so Justin bought the part and saved us $150 by installing it himself. He did it in perfect time for us to take another trip this weekend. When we played in our summer league games on Monday one of our friends Juan approached us and said they really needed one more guy and girl to play with them in a tournament in Cedar City. We went back and forth on whether we would be able to make it work and finally decided to go. We have a friend from college who has family in Cedar City that graciously offered their house for the BYU-I team to stay. After talking to him he said we could stay there too if we needed so Friday morning I blitzed to get everything ready and we were on the road by 11 o'clock! We got to Cedar City two and a half hours later just in time to play in our team's second game. We played two games that day ending the day with two wins and one loss. We ate at a burger joint that was AMAZING for dinner (they had fry sauce!!!) and then went straight to Warr's parent's home to relax. After cleaning up we went to their downstairs theater room where the rest of the BYU-I team was camped out watching Tron. I watched that for a little bit and quickly hated it so I went to bed early.

Saturday we were guarenteed at least three games but we needed to win them all if we wanted to win the tournament. Our first game was at 9:00. We won our first game and lost our second so our third game was for 3rd or 4th place, and 3rd place won bronze medals so we were pumped! We won our third game and we were done playing by 1:30. We had a little ceremony where they gave us all our medals and took our pictures so it was fun. Justin and I agree that this tournament was the msot fun of any tournament we've ever played in. For the first time, everybody on our team was just as good or better than us, so it was a lot of fun to play at a high level of competitive ultimate. My feet are totally shred: I replaced the soles in my cleats but I still have huge blisters. I had a couple bids so I am very sore but it was a total blast.
We got home Saturday night in time for our ward bbq. We got to eat another cheeseburger! Ha...we love hamburgers. We started a game of ultimate with the youth after dinner which was fun. We watched Can't Buy Me Love that night.

Justin and I have our plane tickets for Idaho in July to see the Beal clan which is coming up soon. I'm so excited! I also have my plane ticket to Dallas Texas at the end of July for Seminar for my business. I'll also be flying to Idaho again for Redfish in the middle of August, and then we'll be camping at Zion's National Park the first week of September. We have a lot more adventured planned for our summer! That's all our news for now until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment