Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fun Week

Justin and I had a fun week this week. Monday we had ultimate games in the evening. We played two games in the wind: it was not as much fun as the night before but we still enjoyed playing. The weather has creeped into the steady 100's and will remain so for the next eight weeks at least. We've pretty much adjusted to the point where when we walk outside and it's 104 degrees we both look at each other and say, "Not too bad." 

I recently started teaching one of my friend's kids piano. I teach five of her seven kids from age 6 to 16. I teach on Mondays so that's been fun. It's a learning experience for us all for sure!

This week I had a job interview with a new school. - side note - the front office had a book of pictures from Sun Valley Idaho and there were pictures of the Lost River Range that gave me quite the bout of homesickness...I miss my Idahome! Moving on...I totally nailed the interview and they offered me a job on the spot - 7th grade earth science. They showed me which classroom would be mine and told me their school is part of a pilot program next year and all the kids will have a laptop/tablet-type-technology-thing (I can't remember what they called it) that they'll use in the classroom and at home. The school is a good 20 minutes from our house in an at-risk neighborhood so much different than what I student taught. The principal and vice principal want me SO BAD (it feels good to feel wanted so badly...they said, "We can't believe nobody has snatched you up yet!" ha...). They offered to let me pick any classroom I wanted, and they called a couple of times telling me, "We're rooting for you!" They need an answer by tomorrow (Monday) whether I take the position or not. 

The reason I'm not jumping at the offer is because there may still be an offer from the school I student taught at: great neighborhood, five minutes away, and - hello - I student taught there, so I pretty much already have my work-family established there (and I could be a basketball coach there!). I made an appointment with the new principal Friday morning to learn about the positions opening, and she right away told me there are two spots she can potentially fill me in for....'potentially'....so not a "we want to hire you today" offer like the other school. I'm waiting to hear back tomorrow from her on whether or not I will fill an 8th grade physical science position. If that isn't available, there may be a 7th/8th grade teaching position for me that wouldn't open up until August at the latest...so that is risky, but she reassured me that hiring me is what everybody at the school wants (Dean of Students, Vice Principal, science department, basketball coaches, etc.). There are pros and cons to both schools but I feel that in the latter's case, the pros outweight the cons so if I am offered a job tomorrow, that's what I want to do. If I'm not offered a job...we'll see what August brings.
Nevada license is in! In 30 days I'll be ready to go.
I had a very successful week this week in my business. It has been SO MUCH FUN. I absolutely love it! We are that much closer to paying off all our debt, and my trip to Dallas at the end of July is paid for. Boom. Roasted.

Friday for our date we ate at Settebello's pizza and had cheesecake for dessert. We've been taking regular trips to the clubhouse pool to cool off. This week we get to be in Boise Wednesday through Sunday to work as pyrotechnicians in the Boise firework show. Some of my family just visited Boise to see my oldest brother Hart be set apart as a bishop. This will be the second time he's served in a bishopric. Because my parents went to Boise for that, we will miss them this coming weekend but we will see them for Atomic Days. Also, my dad was just called as the first counselor of the Idaho Falls temple presidency. His farm is doing well despite the fact that he has practically zero water. I am privileged to be part of such a strong family of faith. I see the miracles happening in my family's life and it strengthens my testimony. I know the gospel is true!
Settebello's...Justin got sausage, basil, and olives.

I got artichoke, Canadian bacon, and olives.
Sushi in St. George from our camping fail a few weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment