Sunday, March 2, 2014

Trouble in Vegas: All In 2014

Justin and I played in the annual "Trouble in Vegas" ultimate tournament this weekend. The theme this year was "All In." They had the usual "5 Ultimate" paraphernalia : shorts, shirts, stickers, hats, you name it! Justin bought some new white shorts that look awesome! We also got some free shorts and jerseys so I inherited some new red 5 Ultimate shorts: sweet!

Friday night the ladies all got in around 3:00 so we practiced and went to dinner with them at Red Robin - of course! We need to branch out...

Justin's T-Rexburg club team reunited for the event. Several of the players have graduated but they all came down to play. The men stayed at our house Friday and Saturday night. We had 10 twenty-some-odd-year-olds sleeping in our one bedroom apartment Friday night! I'm surprised they all fit. I made two breakfast casseroles to feed them all Saturday morning. Their registration got messed up so they ended up playing in the "club mixed" division, meaning club teams that have both guys and girls. Since they didn't have any girls, the other teams were MAD, and most of them were RUDE about it. Oh well. They ended up winning all three games. Nice work guys!



This picture is funny to me



(top left to bottom right) Mark, Taran, Dallin, Ryan, Warr, James, Justin, Zen, Skaggs, Todd, Russell, Jeremy, Shawn, Sparty.
As for the ladies, we had the biggest team we've had yet. Last year we only had nine players, but this year we managed to get 13. It was wonderful that we had so many because we had five games! We started playing at 8:30 and played until 2:00 where we had a two hour break and then played out last game at 4:00. Every game was an hour and a half so after we finished one game, our next game would start two minutes later. Killer!

We played a variety of college women's teams. We played teams from Seattle (Laura- they were from PLU!), Miami, California, Arizona, and the fifth team I don't know where they were from. We won three out of five games: our best record yet! We had so much fun. I can barely move today; I am so sore. Take note: I played every sport you can think of in high school, so I know what it means to be sore after a day of tournament play. MAN -- every part of my body hurts! It hurts to get dressed. Virtually any movement hurts. I took a few bids and had a few collisions. I ended up coaching the team so that was fun for me. The weather was cloudy all day and a little breezy and I was grateful for that. No sunburns! It was a very successful day: I can't wait to do it again next year!

My face...



Farmer's tan much!







Add caption









T-Rexburg: RAWR!
(top left to bottom right) Stacey, Emily, Kaziah, Bonnie, Heidi, Jessica, Janelle, Amanda, Christine, me, Jessica, Nichole.

After playing all day we went out to eat at Mongolian Grill where you build your own bowl of meat, noodles, rice, vegetables, whatever. The guys enjoyed soaking their sore muscles in our hot tub that evening and I was asleep by 8:30 - talk about a huge day!

Today we had a nice fast and testimony meeting. I bore my testimony about our miracle in December with Justin finding a job and me finding an apartment in our time of need. We are enjoying our time as ward missionaries. Next week we are having the missionaries over for dinner and they are bringing an investigator to teach the lesson with us so we are looking forward to that.

This week has been successful with student teaching and work. Justin is doing great things at his job. He's been going in early almost every day, and his boss loves him! We are so blessed. I taught all about the atmosphere this week and tomorrow we start with clouds and weather fronts - woop woop! Friday I pulled aside my students that are failing and while my mentor teacher made rootbeer with the rest of the students, the failing kids did all their missing work and we brought most of their grades from F's to B's and even A's for some of them. I really like what I do!

Yesterday Justin and I celebrated a year and a half of marriage. Our air mattress is failing us. We've been refilling it halfway through the night. We have resorted to sleeping on the couch. Gazelle intense! Our week pretty much revolved around the tournament, so not much news other than that. I had a really nice video of a play we did after a time out but it's not uploading to youtube -- I'll have to show it another time. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment