Sunday, March 23, 2014

I'm Feelin' 22!

This week I had my 22nd birthday and what a birthday it was! A few updates before I get to the details: the investigator I've been working with (Jonna) has made a lot of progress. The sister missionaries joined us on Monday for FHE with her and they are joining us again tomorrow for FHE with her and her husband. At the last minute she couldn't come to church today (Satan!) which was too bad because church was so good! But she's doing well and we're excited for her! Also Justin's 90 day review went really well! He is doing very well and his coworkers love him! He had a pay raise as well so we are so very blessed and grateful! Nice work sweetie!

Thursday was our birthday: Keaton celebrated up in Rexburg with all his buddies. I had a student teaching meeting I had to go to in the afternoon and a relief society activity that evening so we didn't celebrate until Friday. I did, however, receive lots of birthday love from family and friends via text messages, facebook messages, and phone calls. I was showered with love and thoughtfulness! I have such wonderful people in my life. The relief society activity was so good and I brought Jonna with me. We had dinner and the stake relief society president spoke about trials. Jonna loved it and had lots of questions. I was able to bear my testimony and teach her a little about the atonement. Being a member missionary is so fun!



Friday after I got home from school the fun began. We both got ready and Justin started my birthday fun. He organized a scavenger hunt all around Henderson! He gave me a series of clues and choices that led us through dinner, dessert, and other adventures!
He wrote the scavenger hunt as a story of an adventure for the two of us. After we had visited certain tasks he would give me a clue to "hold onto" until later in the evening.
To start off the adventure I  had to pick a game and we couldn't move onto the next adventure until I won so we played Guillotine for a few rounds. After winning the game I had a choice of choosing the clue in my closet or a clue in my purse on the couch...so it was like a 'build your own' scavenger hunt: what we did depended on what I picked! The next adventure I had the choice to eat dinner at four different places. I chose Claim Jumper and we had a nice early dinner there. The next adventure led us to a place in Henderson that has a Marshalls, Target, and Ross right next to each other AKA my favorite places to shop! I got to shop around and then Justin had a really fun thing planned but it fell apart. It consisted of me answering trivia questions from the store cashier to find my husband who had been 'kidnapped' and I was supposed to find him at the library down the street using a QR code and my GPS...but if didn't work the way Justin had planned so we moved onto a riddle that I had to solve to take us to dessert which ended up being Cheesecake!
I got the oreo cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory...to die for!
We made our way home where we finished the adventure and I had collected all three clues. The three clues led to three different envelopes in the house which were three different gifts: a new hair-do, perfume, or Chacos (I've been wanting a pair for a while). Justin had been hoarding gifts that family had mailed me so I got those too! We finished the night eating cheesecake and watching Frozen. It was definitely my favorite date I've ever been on with my favorite person! 


Trying to solve the riddles...this took me a while.

Birthday Gifts!

We didn't have candles...so Justin lit cue-tips on fire. Excellent.
Saturday I tried to get my hair done to fulfill gift number one. One of my birthday gifts was a groupon gift card and I found a groupon for getting my hair cut, styled, and highlights for $50. Score! Right before I left for it Justin found a really bad review for the hair dresser I had an appointment with. I thought I'd risk it anyway. When I showed up for my 10 o'clock appointment I had to wait half an hour before she was ready for me. When I explained I wanted highlights the girl was being crazy. She was trying to juggle her taco bell and 'hair chart' while telling me what I really wanted was ombre. Umm, no. Then she proceeded to tell me it would be $30 more because of my long hair. Umm, what? No. I pretended I thought she was right and said I would need more time to figure out what I really wanted and had Justin pick me up. I spent the day using birthday money to shop. That night Justin took me out again (spoiled much!) to Red Robin for my 'free birthday burger' which they have if you have a rewards card. They even sang happy birthday to me and brought me a free ice cream sundae. So fun!

This week I have my portfolio review and interview with the BYUI faculty. I'm ready to rock that and be done with it. I have seven weeks left of student teaching. I'm officially running girls basketball open gym on Mondays for the next while. They start next week! Also, someone tried to throw away a couch on Saturday so Justin and I claimed it. It's now our porch furniture, which I am sitting on now to write this blog post. Score again!
That's all our news for this week! Until next time! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment