Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween

We've had a great week! Monday, Trisha invited Justin, Keaton, and me to her house for some Halloween festivities. Trisha fed us rolls and soup and we carved pumpkins and frosted sugar cookies. Travis judged our jack-o-lanterns and cookies and the winners got a prize! Brie and I carved the scariest pumpkin so we won the pumpkin carving contest, and (naturally) Justin and Shae had the best frosted sugar cookies so they also won a prize. We piled into Trisha's truck and dropped a plate off to two people in Trisha's ward. It snowed off and on while we were there. It was a fun night.








Tuesday and Wednesday night we played for semi finals and finals in the rec Ultimate tournament. The team Tuesday night was named "Return of the Jedi." My coach heard them talking a bunch of trash that they were going to win (pa-lease) so we dressed up as Sith Lords. Justin bought me some "face crayon" and I painted a "Darth Maul" look on my face. When we got to the field, the game manager said I wasn't allowed to have paint on my face (it was technically crayon...j/k), so I threw around until everyone saw it (ESPECIALLY the other team) and then went to wash it off. Turns out, face crayon doesn't want to come off very easily. I emerged from the washroom looking like a bear mauled my face! Whatever. Hopefully the other team got the message ;) WE won 15-3. 



Wednesday we had our ward party. For Halloween Justin and I dressed up as Ender and Petra from "Ender's Game." Justin loves that book, and I love dressing up, so it was a win-win. Justin made cupcakes for the party that were a hit. My team played in the championship that night and we won. Keaton came to watch me so that was fun. He saw me make a great catch followed by me hitting my head HARD on the grass. I was pretty dizzy after that. It was a great game!

Ender Wiggin (Dragon Army) and Petra Arkanian (Salamander Army)

Almond Joy Cupcakes

Thursday I woke up sick. Of course. I'm always sick. It was pretty lame because Justin and I planned on going to the midnight showing of "Ender's Game" that night. Lame! I slept in, took my mineralogy I.D. test, then slept all day. I went to bed that night at 9 and woke up the next morning at 9! I rested all day Friday as well, skipping all my classes. I'm not going to lie, it was nice! Except for the being sick part. To top it off, not one person passed the mineral I.D. test. Great.

Saturday Justin and I set a goal to do a full fast since we haven't done a full one for a while. Because his birthday is coming up AND because we're part of Red Robin's new Royalty Program, he got a free birthday burger! So we ate to our heart's content. I love the Royal Red Robin burger. Yummmm.

Today I gave the lesson in Relief Society on temple worship and temple covenants. I recently read a talk where a general authority asked past bishops and stake presidents, "If you could go back, what is one thing you would have done differently?" All of them answered they would have focused more on temple covenants and temple worship. Since I'm still relief society president and I don't want to have the same regret, I prepared a lesson on it!

The biggest lesson I got out of studying this topic was this: Why didn't the past stake presidents and bishops say strengthening marriages and families? Why not strengthening faith in Jesus Christ? Why temple covenants? I concluded this: because without our temple covenants, our families and our marriages will not be perpetuated beyond this life. Without our temple covenants, faith in Jesus Christ alone will not get us into the Celestial Kingdom. Yes, our families and our Savior are important, but we can't have them after this life without our temple covenants. That's my testimony to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment