Sunday, November 24, 2013

It feels like it's been forever!

But it's only been two weeks since I've blogged! It's not bad though because not a ton has happened. Two weekends ago Justin's team had playoffs and championships for Ultimate. His team wasn't the best this year and they ended up getting 3rd. The team that won the championship had a bunch of JERKS so that was annoying. We watched the women's championship game and it was a total blowout...there's no competition when I don't play! Ha...it's sad and true. Everyone was pretty upset when I didn't coach this semester...oh well people. The banquet was the next Tuesday at 5:00 but I couldn't go because I had my meteorology class from 4:30-8:30. Justin was asked to speak and apparently he did a great job! ;)
Thunder, Fall 2013 Ultimate

I saw this gem hanging in the Hart...

Speaking of meteorology, my class had the opportunity to go watch Local News 8 in Idaho Falls in their studio. It was weird because people like Michael Coats, Karole Honas, and Jay Hildebrandt are kind of "celebrities" to me because I watched them on the news almost every day when I was growing up so seeing them in real life was weird! Michael Coats had some really bad foundation on...I need to Mary Kay that! I kept hearing Mom's voice in my head, "You can ALWAYS TELL when the men wear makeup!"

In my meteorology class we made a tornado with warm water, dry ice, cardboard, and a fan. It was sweet!





Our ward had an awesome activity this week. We've been doing family history work, and all the names we've indexed have turned into "Trane's Dollars" (name of our bishop) for an auction. As a result, our ward indexed over 30,000 names in three weeks! Justin and I were able to get $1,200 Trane Bucks to auction with. I bought garlic bread and a free hair cut...it wasn't much, but I kept getting out-bid on the good stuff by people in my ward who had indexed like 7,000 names. Blarg!
Apple Pie and pie-in-a-jar for our contribution to the auction...of course Justin made them!

Action items


"Trane Dollars"

Speaking of haircuts...I almost did THIS to my hair yesterday:

I know, crazy! I don't know what got into me, but a 1/2 hour before my appointment I called the girl and cancelled. I saw it on pinterest and I thought "I have a free hair cut, I'll do it!" but yeah I totally chickened out. I'm way too attached to my long hair. I may end up cutting it later if my long hair is too much maintenance for student teaching...I'll see. I invited some friends to come to an R.S. activity with my on Saturday as well, and we got pedicures at the beauty college for way cheap! It was a fun day.

Friday night Keaton, Justin, and I went to Grandma's "Thanksgiving Dinner." Alison and Lyle came too and Grandma was a lot of fun. She's everybody's favorite at the place she lives. Justin and I have been practicing a Christmas duet for our ward talent show in a few weeks....we want to come down and play it for the people at Turtle & Crane so Grandma can hear it.

Wednesday I got an email from the College of Physical Science and Engineering. They asked me to speak at convocation for the college! Graduation has two parts: commencement and convocation. Commencement is where EVERYBODY who is graduating gathers in the BYU-I Center and we hear from a general authority. Then every "college" splits up into different buildings for Convocation for their own ceremony where names are read and diploma covers are handed out. So I'll be speaking in the Taylor Chapel on December 20th for the College of Physical Science and Engineering! That will be pretty intimidating, but it will be a great opportunity. I feel so blessed!

Saturday night Justin and I went on a really fun date. We went roller skating in the Grand Ballroom in the MC. Justin played hockey forever, so he's a wizz on skates/blades. It took my a while to get coordinated with the skates (blades are way better!) but I was eventually able to do the limbo and I was one of the last ones in! After skating we went and watched one of my old teammates play in the girls basketball championship game. Her team won and it was a lot of fun to watch her and to sit by some old Arco friends, Lucy and Eric Pope and Tara and Shawn Steenson. After the game we went to Sammy's for pie shakes, fries and bacon cheese burgers! I'm going to miss that place when we move.





Today Justin and I put up our Christmas tree so when we get back from Thanksgiving in Seattle our house will be all set up for us. I love our apartment and the home decor we've collected since we've lived here! I have lights hanging in the front room and the bedroom as well as on the tree. We are all festive up in here! I have school Monday and Tuesday morning and then we'll head to the Rose family for Thanksgiving. This will be a new experience for me, as this will be the first time EVER away from the Beal house for the holiday, and the first time in YEARS that I haven't put up the family Christmas tree! For the 10 hour drive I got some audio books, one being "The Hobbit" which I am most looking forward to listening to. I bet it will make the time fly by fast (at least, I keep telling myself that). Other than all that we are doing great and I just made the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever...be jealous! Unless you've already seen Catching Fire...then I'll be jealous of you. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment