Sunday, November 18, 2012

T-Rexburg!

This week has been one of our busiest which has been a great way to get us ready for Thanksgiving break. Monday Justin and I had frisbee practice. The men have a club team where they take all the great players from competitive and travel to tournaments. There was an opportunity to play in Utah this weekend, and there would also be girl teams playing, so I decided the girls needed to get in on this club action and I put a team together to practice.

Tuesday was my last day to take my geology test, so I went in the testing center at 5:30 and came out at 8....it took forever! But I think I did very well on it, so we'll see when I get my score back. I wanted to get out before 7 because Justin and I are on a volleyball team that played at 7:15. Oh well. Our team lost pretty bad; we have a couple people on our team who aren't the best which is fine but it stresses Justin out big time. He and another guy on our team are really good.

Wednesday Justin and I had practice for frisbee and that night Kyndra (one of my teammates) and I made shirts for our team that say T-Rexburg. I love the design; it has a dinosaur going to eat a disc as a player is bidding for it...love it!

Thursday I went visiting teaching to one of our ladies. She lives in the complex right next to me so that makes it easy. Justin and I made Christmas ornaments that night and I spent a couple hours in the geology lab studying fossil preservation while Justin saw his friend Ryan. I had to work extra hard to get my work done before we left for Utah which is why this week was so busy.

Come Friday we hit the road for Utah around 4:30. We took my friend Sophie down with us and stayed at the BYU frisbee coach's house for the night. They are friends with Kyndra and offered their house for players to stay for the night. What generous people!

Saturday Justin had a game at 9:30 and I had a game at 11. It was very cold in the morning! By the time my team played it was raining pretty hard which makes for a lot of drops. We played well though! We barely lost to BYU's team (13-12) but we had a blast. After that we split our players with theirs and played with a bunch of new people for another game. We were supposed to play two other teams but they dropped out at the last minute, so we had two games and the men had four. They won three out of four and played amazing! They beat BYU's team which they were stoked about. Kelsey Montgomery lives in Orem which is where we played so I got to see her. She's going on a mission. Her papers are turned in and everything. She told me her friends have got calls but they aren't told where they're going. They're entering the MTC next August, so we think that means they're opening CHINA! One of her friends has half her call to one place and the other half is in China, so I guess that means it's on the way. Talk about fullness of times.
The Men's team; my team all left before we could get a girl picture.
We went to Five Guys for dinner and headed back to Rexburg. We decided to make a pit stop in Idaho Falls to see TWILIGHT! I know family members will think differently of me upon reading this, but I thought it was great--better than the book, even. It's always fun to watch  movies with a crowd of people because it makes the funny things more funny, and my friend Sophie and I were pretty animated about all the crazy things that happened. And I'm so vain, I loved everyone's clothes and hair. Give me give me! Dear Santa, I want a shopping spree for Christmas. XOXO Kelsey. My only complaint: could they have at least bleached Edward's teeth? I mean I know he's British, but c'mon...

The temple rededication today was so great. I loved when President Monson got up and looked at a youth in the congregation and said, "I see a future missionary," and moved his ears at him/her. It was so great! I love our prophet.

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving. I look forward to putting up Mom and Dad's decorations plus eating Mom's amazing Thanksgiving brunch! ;) Two more days and we're out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment